Thread: White's leg issues

Jenn

Default White's leg issues

I just quarantined my blue phase White's Tree Frog. He was having difficulty climbing out of his soaking bowl. When I reached in to pull him out and to figure out why, I realized he had no use of his back legs. They are not red at all but swollen at the thighs. It appears that clear white liquid is inside the bubbles. Looks like a pus filled blister only there is no redness at all. I've taken pictures to show.
    Earlier today he was fine. Eating like crazy and jumping all over the tank. I left the house for 3 hours, come back and he has no use of his back legs. Still tries to chase crickets. Eyes are clear, skin is moist but he's dragging his back legs all over the tank. They simply aren't working. He's only about 1.5" inches long and there is nothing in the tank to "hurt" him.

Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Kurt

Default Re: White's leg issues

It sounds like he has a serious infection, this frog needs to see a vet immediately!

Also could you please post your country in your profile? It will also help if your location is also posted, that way we can help you that much better.

Jenn

I would LOVE to take him to a vet.....but, as crazy as it sounds, there isn't a vet that sees frogs for over 100 miles. So, I'm back to square one. My dog's vet did say he'd see him on Monday but they are closed for the holiday weekend and won't come in for an animal he doesn't specialize in. *yeah* love him.

Kurt

Bummer. Maybe someone here from LA can help you out with finding veterinary help.

Jenn

Well, he just ate a wax worm like nobody's business! He seems to be doing a bit better - he's finally gotten his legs under him rather than having them hanging. He's just the cutest little feller - I really hope he's okay.

Kurt

I would still have him checked out.

Thread Information