Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New baby!

cyris69

Default Re: New baby!

Oh this is what I added, instead of having this corkboard piece on the substrate I added it to the water and it is holding in place rather well.

But now his turd *** is getting stuck under it trying to get out. When not floating he always dives to get where he wants to go.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

do you have anything like drift wood that will sink o the bottom and make a little ramp?

cyris69

Unfortunately no, I want to try and block off the water section but I fear if he gets over it he will not be getting back out. His hole he made is under the pothos the back right corner next to the water so he is always watching the fish and jumps in occasionally. I might need to go out and fget some sheet rock tomorrow and build up something for him to get out or try your method. But I still feel he will always dive to swim and get stuck

cyris69

Ok, I found a water feature from my old fish tank and added it.

Nationality
    [United States]

i just suck with the small tray to be safe now that my lil guy's gotten bigger ill be making a water section but mine lived in a 10g for a month before i felt confident to up the size and the water depth with baby herps ya gotta be careful

cyris69

He is going for the fish. He just wobbled over there and is attacking the fish but hitting the plexiglass where there is about 1/2" visibility into the water. It's quite cute watching him get closer and closer so maybe we will see if this works. Is he going to hurt himself tonging the glass?

Nationality
    [United States]

i dont think so, Rex tongues the glass every now and then when hungry ( i dont feed in the enclosure so i think he's just trying to get my attention) but i dont see a problem as long as he doesnt hit it to hard

cyris69

Ok, good. He isn't lunging into it or anything. He has stopped so I think he realizes its not working but now he is nearly hovering over the water. I'm not certain the thing in the water will get him back onto substrate but at least out of the water.

I sincerely thank you for helping me out so much and being here to wade through my barrage of questions.

Nationality
    [United States]

haha its not a problem, some one did this with me so i dont mind, and it helps time pass by at work lol! i would work on getting some drift wood for the tank to make a ramp though or maybe even making a little one out of lightcreete im still learning myself my pixie is only a few months older than yours hes just hardly larger than the palm of my hand lol (ive only had him a month so thats really fast =P)

cyris69

I will definitely go out and look for a good solution tomorrow after doing some home improvements in the morning (or whenever I actually wake up ).

Nationality
    [United States]

im on shift till 6am so yea =P ill be sleeping but monday is tank day putting the whole thing together!

cyris69

His fatness will not stop getting in there. He just chills out in the water and is now fully capable of getting in and out but you have to push him to make him jump out otherwise he keeps trying to get away from you in water.. Also one of the platies is MIA as well as a guppy. He is also using it for his toilet.

Nationality
    [United States]

Yea Rex only poops in his water too kinda sucks!! Lol and I think it's a defense mechanism to dive in the water away from predators (I could be wrong) as long as he can get in and out easily you should be fine rex chills in his water all day
    -Tyler
    1-African BullFrog-Rex
    1-Bearded Dragon-Stubble
    1-Vield Chameleon-Pascal
    2-Green Iguanas- LeeRoy and Spike
    2- Sulcata Torts- Chunk and Scoot
    1-Argentine BWxRed Tegu-Kirby

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

not sure where to post this i think op will appreciate it though

cyris69

That is priceless!! Did you make that?

He is completely in love with his new tank and water area. I hope he is quite happy!

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

yea i made it, i felt youd appreciate it considering you have a me gusta face as an avatar

cyris69

I certainly did

Well, I think he has decided to be full aquatic lol. He absolutely loves bathing and soaking in the water. He is the first of my frogs that have gotten in water. My dwarf and pacmans never ever get in there water bowls.

cyris69

I just wish I didn't scare him so much coming into the room since its my computer room/office which we are converting into a frog room soon.

cyris69

Just added two algae shrimp to help with cleaning as well. Also, just finished setting an aquatic area in a 10gal tank for my dwarf pyxie. I think I will keep it fish-less maybe add some inverts or something and the underwater filter is on the way. That 9$ Amazon.com: Hagen Elite Underwater Mini Filter, UL Listed: Pet Supplies is freaking awesome they just recently bumped it to 13 bucks but is so worth it. It moves water around like a much larger filter and does a good job could easily handle a 10gal tank.

billmanson

nice frog with a good photographer, haha

22. This member thanks billmanson for this post:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information