Thread: Need tad poll help fast!!!

berdiesandfrogs

Default Need tad poll help fast!!!

my dad uncovered our pool, and low-and-behold, their were tons of inch-long tad polls. i think they are Leopold frogs, but i cant be sure.
    i collected the 12 healthiest and HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO WITH THEM!!! please help, what do i feed them, what kind of water conditions do i keep them in, what kind of supplies do i need, ext. i have lots of experience with adult frogs, but little to none wiith tad polls.
    PLEASE HELP!!!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

fluffypanda

Default Re: Need tad poll help fast!!!

the same thing happened to me! I put each in a small deli cup, out distilled water in it and i feed them fish food. Im sure theres a better way to do it but this was has proven to work for me

berdiesandfrogs

thanks! i'll try that.

Yusil

And your probably going to have to change their water every so often or filtrate it, because they need clean/oxygenated water, atleast most tadpoles do, not so sure about which ones don't, as my frogs don't have tadpoles, but I think generally they do.

Also, some tadpoles eat/bully smaller ones, so you may want to keep your eyes peeled for that.

berdiesandfrogs

so far they'er all still alive! i could still use advice though. . .

dglazier1

I keep my tadpoles in a 10 gallon with a small air pump, feed them tadpole/frog pellets, and do a partial water change with distilled water every other day. I fill an old milk jug with water and let it sit for a week, or they have declorinizing drops. Good luck!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I would love some if you are close to here. We are building an outdoor pond this summer .
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

fluffypanda

I keep all of mine separate

You could leave them in the pool just feed them and do partial water changes once a week.

ToadiesFriend

i grew up on a pond and always raised tadpoles. they're really quite easy. i kept mine in a large bucket and every day or two i would collect pond scum for them. they eat algae aka pond scum. if they got to that size in your pool, then there must be algae growing in it. if theres algae then there are most likely no chemicals left in the water. i recommend scooping some water out of the pool and let the bucket with them in it sit in partial sunlight so the algae will grow. if you live near a pond collect some from near the bank of the pond. change the water like once a week or if you see mosquito larvae in it because they will bite tadpoles. let me know how they do! <3

berdiesandfrogs

[QUOTE if they got to that size in your pool, then there must be algae growing in it.][/QUOTE]

your right there, it took 4 days to get it all out,
    so far one death occurred due to the bigger ones picking on him
    they all have back legs now except for three, and they'er much more active then when i pulled them out of the pool. do you think they'd like algae pellet things that you can get in the fish food isle?

Nationality
    [United States]

Yes, they will eat those. You can also boil romaine lettuce until it gets soft and mushy. Mine eat dried seaweed sheets. They rehydrate when added to the water.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

berdiesandfrogs

OooKay. . . im down to 10 now because 2 got front legs and lost half their tails overnight and one of those two got his leg stuck in the filter and died. the other has made it a habit of scaling the sides of the bucket and taking on a nice grey color, so now i have 10 more baby grey tree frogs to keep me up at night
    *sniff* they grow so fast *sniff*

Nationality
    [United States]

Awe

Thread Information