Thread: is my Pacman frog sick?

tcoy

Exclamation is my Pacman frog sick?

A couple months ago we bought a chocolate Pacman frog. We set him up in a 10 gallon tank with a water dish and a heating lamp, and he seemed to be doing just fine. He would always eat 1-2 large crickets a day but recently stopped eating. His aquarium always has the perfect amount of heat and humidity, so I know it is not because of dehydration or temperature issues. But recently he has been acting very unusual. Some of the symptoms I have seen were laying flat on the dirt, not burrowing, his skin looks different, mostly keeps his eyes shut, and not eating. He looks ill to me and I would be devastated if I lose him. Any suggestions or help would be great.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: is my Pacman frog sick?

do u see anything strange in its feces? make them analyze..

tcoy

It looks normal, but I know he has missed his crickets and got some coco fiber in his mouth a couple times. He pooped recently so I do not think he is impacted, at first I thought that was the reason for not eating so I did let him soak in some warm water.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by tcoy View Post
    It looks normal, but I know he has missed his crickets and got some coco fiber in his mouth a couple times. He pooped recently so I do not think he is impacted, at first I thought that was the reason for not eating so I did let him soak in some warm water.
    The coco fiber is easily passed through them with out harm. How damp is the soil? Rule of thumb is moist or heavily damp not mud. They will stop burrowing if the soil is to water logged.

Do you de-chlorinate your frogs water and do you use de-chlorinated water to expand his soil? How old and how big is your frog?

Also answer the question that are in this thread http://www.frogforum.net/pacman-frog...enclosure.html Post your answers back here in your thread. We need more information.

Thread Information