Thread: help with sick african clawed frog!

argi43

Default help with sick african clawed frog!

hello, i'm having some trouble finding out what's wrong with my frog. it's been about 3 weeks - or more - that i noticed that he had a smaller appetite than usual. he would still eat but stop very quickly, like he was full - even "playing" with his food and spitting it out, once he had a couple of pellets. i feed him reptomin among other things. he is a male acf, about 6,5 cm and 8 - 9 months old. he has been sharing his tank with a female. she continues to look and act normal - except that just yesterday she got a little blood inside of one eye, which i guess she got from bumping into something. my male has gotten worse and i isolated him in a small plastic tank. i really can't seem to figure out what he has, so any help would be great. all i can say is that he is acting lethargic, responding in "slow motion", eating really little - he only seems to prefer frozen bloodworms - and he hangs almost all day long on the surface breathing air - not floating - and seems to be holding his head more out of water than usual - usually his eyes were touching the surface, now they are completely out of water. also he has some red lines - veins on his belly that weren't there before. i treated them both with esha200 about 2 weeks ago. after 4 days i stopped treating and i did a water change - i change all of the water once a week. tonight i came home and nticed that he was shedding his one front arm. actually only the fingers, which i haven't seen before - maybe because his arms are out of water so much?
    well that's all i can tell you. i somebody can help, please do so! thanx!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information