Thread: white spots

ladydeath

Default white spots

i have 4 fire bellied toads and 2 of them have white spots on their shoulders just behind their necks, dose anyone know what this is please as im worried its a deasese or something i have just bought my second 2 firebellies that have these markings. can anyone help please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

frognerd101

Default Re: white spots

It depends. It could be a regular pattern or a disease. How many spots do they have on their backs?

4. This member thanks frognerd101 for this post:

BeansFBT

My toads appear to have this as well, though the spots are not white as much as they are a lighter shade of the frogs skin. I am curious what causes this or if it's a normal occurrence.

6. This member thanks BeansFBT for this post:

FBTmom

All of my toads have these two spots behind their neck. Some are quite light, some are green (on a brown toad) and some are just little lighter than the toad's skin color and almost not noticeable. I wouldn't worry, as long as it looks like healthy skin, not fungusy or odd looking. If these spots just showed up and weren't there before, then maybe try getting a picture for us to see. But if they have been there since you first got the toads, then don't worry. They're normal.

8. This member thanks FBTmom for this post:

ladydeath

thankyou all for your replys i will get a picture and try to post it as it may help people in the future. the firebellies have 2 spots, one on each side, maybe if its normal it could be something to do with their gender, anything could be possible, they have been their since i got them last week, but my first 2 fire bellies havent got them thats what worries me they all seam to be happy and healthy and are all eating fine. i was just worries about these spots. could they be a slightly different breed???

ladydeath

Name:  IMAG0663.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  100.5 KBName:  IMAG0659.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  69.5 KBName:  IMAG0658.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  107.2 KBName:  IMAG0657.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  110.7 KBName:  IMAG0662.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  85.3 KBName:  IMAG0660.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  87.1 KBName:  IMAG0661.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  95.2 KBthese are the picks ive managed to take hope they are of some use you can see the spots clearly on the second photo.

FBTmom

Those spots are exactly the same as the ones almost all my toads have. They come in various sizes and colors, some are very noticeable while some you only see in a certain light, but they're normal markings.

12. This member thanks FBTmom for this post:

ladydeath

thankyou diane i didnt notice them when we bought them, notice them the day after when it was cleaning day, i went through google and youtube but didnt find anything till i joined here. it has helped a great deal i am now wondering if its a slight variation in species.

Thread Information