Thread: ADF Beginner Questions

Lil Lina

Default ADF Beginner Questions

Hey Guys, So I'm a total beginner when it comes to frogs and have a couple questions to get me started and make sure I have happy healthy froggies. I just bought my frogs a few days ago and have them in a 5 gallon tank with gravel and some decroations. Currently I have no filter hooked up bc the one that came with the tank is WAY too strong for these little guys and there doesn't appear to be any way to change the setting. I wrapped the intake hose with pantyhose to keep their little fingers and toes safe but it was blowing them all over the tank. How important is the filter? Will it be ok if I skip the filter but change their water very frequently? If i should get a filter, what would be best?

Also I am currently feeding them pellets which I think are clouding up the water a lot, at least I'm pretty sure it's the pellets. Do you guys have any advice on cleaner feeding? I started using a turkey baster this evening to drop the food close by which seemed to work well. Also, how often shodl they be fed? I know this is a super basic question and I've definitely doen my research, which is actually what's causing this question. Everywhere I go some "expert" has a different opinion. Twice a day, once every other day.... What have you foudn is best?

Finally, my most important question. It concerns my frogs' coloring. I have two. A little girl who is pretty pale with a dark spot on her head that appears to have another whiter spot in it. Is this normal or a lesion of some sort? I also have a little boy who has a pinkish hue on his legs and arms. I'm afraid this is red leg. He is actually completely fine, swimming all over and eating pretty voraciously, and I've seen other pictures of frogs with the same coloring that are healthy, but I wanted to make sure. Also he has white bumps ABOVE his arms (not in his armpits, so I know theyre not his glands) and I was wondering if this was also normal? I hadn't noticed them when I first got him, but it has only been a few days so I'm not COMPLETELY sure of their normal coloring either. But as I said, he's a pretty active little guy.

I apologize for the crazy long post but any answers are greatly appreciated!! I just wanna be the best Frog Mommy I can be!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Murray of the Deep

Default Re: ADF Beginner Questions

the bump means its a male and why put them in a 5gallon it would make them crowded place them in 10gallon for the filter try sponge filter do not use overhead filter cause this could make your frog's legs stuck,and also feed them few food or try feeding it frozen blood worms so it would not make their tank messy do not put gravel it can cause impaction if you see your frogs mating wait until they finish then you seperate the frogs so that eggs wont be eaten.if he's floating and when you touch him he goes down but goes up again he is sick and dying ,do not leave the water dirty it can cause red legs and kill your frogs.hope this helps

Thread Information