Thread: Mossy temps?

Froggiefressh

Default Mossy temps?

I was wondering what other Mossy tree frog owners keep their tanks temperatures at?! I do not have any, but I will be getting some in the future.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wasatchtrops

My experience has been that they are pretty hardy. I have had mine anywhere from 50-80 degrees. They seem less tolerant of the heat though. I have since moved them out to a unheated garage with a aquarium heater in a 125g. The did not get above 65 for the winter.

They are an amazing species to keep, as they are quite active and visible (once you have trained your eye for them).

Gabe

Froggiefressh

Default Re: Mossy temps?

Quote Originally Posted by Wasatchtrops View Post
    My experience has been that they are pretty hardy. I have had mine anywhere from 50-80 degrees. They seem less tolerant of the heat though. I have since moved them out to a unheated garage with a aquarium heater in a 125g. The did not get above 65 for the winter.

They are an amazing species to keep, as they are quite active and visible (once you have trained your eye for them).

Gabe
    Thank you for the quick reply! I just love the way these guys look simply amazing. As for their tolerance of hot temperature what would be the cut off point before it could harm them 80 degrees?

Nationality
    [Sweden]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Froggiefressh View Post
    Thank you for the quick reply! I just love the way these guys look simply amazing. As for their tolerance of hot temperature what would be the cut off point before it could harm them 80 degrees?
    I would agree that they are quite tolerant, especially of cooler temps. Many keep them quite cool (not above 20 C). I keep them around 20C (plus/minus a few degrees), but never as high as 23 and above. 80F (26-27C) sounds really high and I would advice against it. Since you want to have a larger water that, it often cools down the air a bit as well.

Wasatchtrops

Yep. 80 is too hot. They were in the water constantly.That was when I first got them, and had T-5s over it. I switched to LEDs and that helped alot. But I have been keeping them much cooler for the past couple years. So, basically put them in the coolest part of your house and they will be happy

Thread Information