(4.0.0)
    Whites Tree Frog (1.0.0)
    1.1.0 Mixed breed dogs

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Kristen

Default Re: MOTW-Kristen-Monday

Hi everyone!
    Im not really sure to begin with telling people about myself, So I’ll start with my frogs!
    I have 14 frogs (soon to be 12, I’m giving some of my babies to my friend)
    I first got into frogs in first grade, my school would grow tadpoles in the library and I would always be so amazed. Then in fifth grade my cousins acquired tadpoles to watch them grow, but they didn’t really know what to do with them once they got back legs so I read up on them and took them. They were Spotted Marsh Frogs. Then after a year or two of keeping Marsh Frogs I decided it was time to get my first tree frog, so I got Ted. Ted was my gorgeous Southern Brown Tree Frog. I got some more Marsh frogs, then another Southern Brown Tree Frog who I named “Flower”. I then got a Luecistic Spotted marsh frog from my gran.
    Then I got my two beautiful boys Eddie and Kevin J They’re whites tree frogs, and I love them to pieces. I have been breeding ted and Flower for the last few years, but this year Ted went missing L I think I’ll breed my marsh frogs now, I’m not to sure.
    Now for my other animals. I have two cats “Hamish” and “Tabitha” I rescued Hamish from a pound and got Tabitha off a friend.
    I used to have to tortoises Milly and Spud and I used to have a blue tongue skink.
    I have an older brother called Matt, and I don’t see my dad.
    My likes are Horse riding, cats, Reptiles and Amphibians (or just animals n general ) Sleeping and Drama.
    I dislike guinea pigs (jeez they freak me out, always staring at everything with their beady little eyes) velvet, hot weather, attention seekers and small yappy dogs.
    Im not really sure about anything else? I don’t really know what to include in this , haha
    and sorry I posted this so late, I was confused about the timezones and whatnot (seemso I'm 18 hours ahead of most of you ;D)
    Thanks for reading !

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Very nice!

You have quite a long history with frogs .

You have the cutest whites I've ever seen! They are so photogenic!!!
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Kristen

Thank you
    yeah they are pretty cute ;D thanks, but unfortunately I've lost my camera so I can't take any good pictures of them (except on my phone but it doesn't really take good ones)
    I started them on Roaches for the first time the other week and they have started plumping up heaps! I'm real happy about that because they have always been a bit skinny.
    and you have the cutest Red eye ever!

Nationality
    [Brazil]
    Blog Entries

It's nice to hear more about you Kristen!

As Heather said, you do have a long history with frogs.....which is really cool ! I also like all the names of your frogs (too cute lol)!

Hehe, and I agree with you on the hot weather. I can't imagine how hot it must get there in Australia!!
    (4.0.0)
    Whites Tree Frog (1.0.0)
    1.1.0 Mixed breed dogs

7. This member thanks frogluver for this post:

Kristen

Thanks
    Yeah hopefully I can expand my collection soon, I just need to find the space and money :P Haha I let my little cousins name them and they seems to love naming them people names, they think it's hilarious haha.
    It can get boiling! Thankfully I'm in one of the cooler states, but jeez it still get pretty hot.

Nationality
    [Brazil]
    Blog Entries

Default MOTW-Kristen-Tuesday

Question thread day!! Ask Kristen any questions you have!

Here's mine: How long have you lived in Australia? And if you could be a frog, what frog would you be and why?
    (4.0.0)
    Whites Tree Frog (1.0.0)
    1.1.0 Mixed breed dogs

Kristen

Default Re: MOTW-Kristen-Tuesday

All my life But my Grandpa was from Canada
    Hmm I have no clue actually it's to hard to choose from them all. Maybe a gastric brooding frog because they are so unique because they incubate their tadpoles in their stomach and give live birth to them through their mouth, its pretty amazing. But they're extinct now Or maybe just a whites tree frog, because they sleep alot. I LOVE sleep

Nationality
    [Brazil]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
    All my life But my Grandpa was from Canada
    Hmm I have no clue actually it's to hard to choose from them all. Maybe a gastric brooding frog because they are so unique because they incubate their tadpoles in their stomach and give live birth to them through their mouth, its pretty amazing. But they're extinct now Or maybe just a whites tree frog, because they sleep alot. I LOVE sleep
    Awesome!

Excellant choices and reasonings! (Haha, I just read the word sleep and started to yawn.....sleep is good lol)
    (4.0.0)
    Whites Tree Frog (1.0.0)
    1.1.0 Mixed breed dogs

S13

Awesome I also love Eddie and Kevin, they are the cutest. Just don't tell Andromeda I said that lol

S13

Have you ever traveled outside of Australia?

If you can own 1 frog in the entire world, what would it be?

How old are your WTF Eddie and Kevin? - this has nothing to do with frogs but what is your favorite food?
    Rip Mr. Sticky 1-13-12 ~ 3-8-12
    Mr. Jelly

Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by S13 View Post
    Have you ever traveled outside of Australia?

If you can own 1 frog in the entire world, what would it be?
    Yeah I've been to China/Hong Kong before, that was pretty good (though very humid)
    And I'd stick with whites, They're entertaining and adorable and you can handle them more than other frogs.

Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by FrogLoving17 View Post
    How old are your WTF Eddie and Kevin? - this has nothing to do with frogs but what is your favorite food?
    I think they are between 1.5-2 years, the pet store didn't really tell me how old they were when I got them but they were babies.
    And mangoes!

Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by S13 View Post
    Awesome I also love Eddie and Kevin, they are the cutest. Just don't tell Andromeda I said that lol
    Thanks
    Your secrets safe with me

wesleybrouwer

Do you find it difficult the legislation in Australia is so hard? I mean, you can only keep Australian frogs with the right permit.

Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by wesleybrouwer View Post
    Do you find it difficult the legislation in Australia is so hard? I mean, you can only keep Australian frogs with the right permit.
    Yeah it gets really frustrating, I have to do a return every year of the frogs I currently have and all these details about them, with the person who I got them offs license number & details. Also we aren't aloud to take animals from the wild (spawn, tadpoles or frogs) and if we do we get a fine and our license (if we have one) gets taken off us and we aren't aloud to be issued a new one.
    Not having any amphibians/reptiles from outside Australia annoys me too, especially seeing all the amazing frogs, geckos, snakes and chameleons out there. People can go to prison though if they are caught with foreign animals (there is a big illegal corn snake trade going around).
    We have to fill in an application to get our wildlife license and pay accordingly to what license we get. But I guess it's all worth it for my frogs I can't imagine being without them. Even with all the hassle of the license

Nationality
    [Brazil]
    Blog Entries

Default MOTW-Kristen-Wednesday

Picture day !!

Kristen, post any pictures that you would like to share with the forum !!!
    (4.0.0)
    Whites Tree Frog (1.0.0)
    1.1.0 Mixed breed dogs

Kristen

Default Re: MOTW-Kristen-Wednesday

Okay I don’t have much time so I might add more pictures later on J
    So I guess I shall start with my cats !
    Here is my boy Hamish, I got him from an animal shelter last year

and here is Beau, who unfortunately isn’t with us anymore L

Onto my frogs now!
    Here is my Whites Eddie J

And heres Kevin

And here’s Eddie and Kevin together J

Here’s my Southern Brown Tree Frog Flower

[IMG]http://www.frogforum.net/members/kristen-albums-my-southern-brown-tree-frogs-picture24969-flower.jpg[/IMG]

And My Spotted Marsh Frogs
    This picture was when I first started keeping frogs and was un-aware of the risks of having her on gravel, she is now on cocopeat

I don’t really have much pictures of anything else interesting, haha. But thanks for looking

Nationality
    [United States]
    North Providence, Rhode Island, United States

Default Re: MOTW-Kristen-Wednesday

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday threads have been merged so we can enjoy a full glimpse into the life of Kristen
    72 Gallon Bow - ACF and GF tank.
    26 Gallon Bow - ACF tank.

20 Gallon Long - ACF tank.

"If there were an invisible cat in that chair, the chair would look empty. But the chair does look empty; therefore there is an invisible cat in it." C.S. Lewis, Four Loves, 1958

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information