Thread: Grey tree Frog

freddythefrog

Default Grey tree Frog

Hi
    Im new to this Forum, just joined today. I was wondering wether a Grey Tree Frog requires a heat lamp? I have done research and have found that different websites say different things. Half, reccomend a heat lamp and half say it is uneccesary. Im not sure what to go by. I want the best for Freddy the frog
    Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Grey tree Frog

you could use one if you wanted its really preference becuase grays do not need a high tempature you could set up a basking spot for him just be careful you do not dry him out with the bulb

If you haven't already, you should read Frog Forum - Gray Tree Frog Care and Breeding

These guys are good at a normal room temperature. I use one 60 watt incandescent bulb per tank in the winter time (as my place gets very cold) with perches at various distances so they can go where they want if they feel they need more heat. CFL's in the summer.

Nationality
    [Sweden]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by freddythefrog View Post
    Hi
    Im new to this Forum, just joined today. I was wondering wether a Grey Tree Frog requires a heat lamp? I have done research and have found that different websites say different things. Half, reccomend a heat lamp and half say it is uneccesary. Im not sure what to go by. I want the best for Freddy the frog
    Thanks
    It's kind of strange question. You should read up on what temperature they required and then buy a thermometer. If it's not warm enough, then you obviously need a heat source. I mean, for all we know, your ambient indoor temperature could be 29 C

Nationality
    [United States]

Room temperature is just fine for a Grey Tree Frog, so no they do not require a heat lamp. However, my two Grey Trees are kept in my room which is in the basement and it stays about 68*F or so, which I think, is a bit cool. I keep a heat lamp on them about 12 hours a day with a 60 watt lightbulb and they seem to sleep during the day under the heat lamp in the fake foliage I have. So, basically it's up to you whether or not you want to provide one for Freddy or not.

Fae

Quote Originally Posted by toxxxickitten View Post
    Room temperature is just fine for a Grey Tree Frog, so no they do not require a heat lamp. However, my two Grey Trees are kept in my room which is in the basement and it stays about 68*F or so, which I think, is a bit cool. I keep a heat lamp on them about 12 hours a day with a 60 watt lightbulb and they seem to sleep during the day under the heat lamp in the fake foliage I have. So, basically it's up to you whether or not you want to provide one for Freddy or not.
    I keep a light on mine too but is not a requirement... My light is mainly for the plants though but my frogs seem to like it

freddythefrog

Ok. thanks. my house is 21 degrees celcius. I have him upstaris so the tempuratue is the same. I will buy a heat lamp.

Quote Originally Posted by freddythefrog View Post
    Ok. thanks. my house is 21 degrees celcius. I have him upstaris so the tempuratue is the same. I will buy a heat lamp.
    A heat lamp isn't really needed at that temp. Consider the natural conditions they live in...

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Unless your temperatures fall below 50 degrees F (10 degrees C), your gray tree frog will not require additional heat.

freddythefrog

ok. thanks very much guys!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Mine lived for 7 years without a lamp...so....it's totally optional. Especially if you live someplace warm. Just make sure he's got enough water.
    I have a frog. She's fat and green. Her name is Gertrude, because she is fat and green.

Thread Information