Thread: Confused with heating?...

snoopfroggyfrog

Question Confused with heating?...

Hi guys,.... ive been looking through some of the old threads & one talks about heating pads, i have a large heating pad but ive put mine on the bottom of the vivarium underneath the barkish stuff... ive read here about sticking the heat pads to the outside of the vivarium against the glass... im i doing it wrong? im new to frogs & thats what the shop said but im confused now...., is one mat enough heat? the tank is a foot tall by 3 ft wide its just a starter before envest in a proper front opening one....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

scribbles

Default Re: Confused with heating?...

I would keep the heat pad on the back of the tank. As far as how many you should use, you could buy a larger one or use multiple small ones. I also use a low watt infared heat lamp for my White's.

scribbles

The tank should stay around 80-85 degrees F durring the day and never drop below 70 degrees F at night.

snoopfroggyfrog

Thanks scribbles.. to my aid again!....
    does the heat go through the glass well then? is that what most people do? i have been wondering as the heat seems to be being absorbed by the bark.....
    i love the little fellas so much im worried about not doing things right & losing any of them...

Kerry1968

At the moment I've got my little White's in a 2 foot tall 12 inch wide tank (I made a viv for him out of an old fish tank). I have it one third water and the top part with plastic plants for my little friend to hide. I have a heat pad on the back of the tank (outside) above the water level which is about 12" square. I have one of those plastic plant mats that are supposed to go in the bottom of tanks suckered to the back of the tank over the heat mat and this is where Baby sits the majority of the time. The temperature hovers between 19 and 22 degrees °C.

I'm hoping to get a proper viv (with mesh top) set up for him soon, and then I will get an overhead light to give a little extra heat. It's just a bit hard with an all glass tank to set up a light right now.
    Last edited by Kurt; November 7th, 2009 at 08:09 PM.

snoopfroggyfrog

Thats the problem ive got kerry mine too is an old aquarium.... cant wait to get them a big old new one like you said mesh topped... just cant afford it for a week or two....
    Ive moved it now and stuck it to the back and have put on a light outside pointing into a small part of the tank its much warmer...........

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

What is the humidity?

Thread Information