Thread: WC Toad help?

superphil92

Unhappy WC Toad help?

I have a WC Spadefoot toad, still checking what kind but I now he is spadefoot because his foot shape, his vertical eyes, and his body shape. He is exactly an inch long when he is still, but my problem is, he wont move. He stays in his terrarium in one place. When I check back he is burrowed to the bottom of the tank, I put in 3 crickets and he still didnt moved, I thought he would hunt at night but I went to sleep, woke up, and the crickets were still there. What can I do to get him to mvoe around and eat?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

LizardMama

Default Re: WC Toad help?

What is the temperature of his cage and what is the humidity? If the frog was just caught leave him be, he'll get use to his new environment.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: WC Toad help?

If it's an Eastern they are endangered in some areas and are illegal to keep. I'm not a fan of removing adults from the wild since you are taking breeding stock when doing this, and it's a lot harder on the animal especially during breeding season. My suggestion would be to release it back into the wild and get some tadpoles and raise them up yourself.
    Rest in peace Rosie 5-31-12
    Rest in peace Rufus 2-7-14
    Rest in peace Morph 8-14-15

Thread Information