Thread: Gray Tree Frogs

jubilee

Default Gray Tree Frogs

Hi guys,

I am looking for Gray Tree Frogs (Hyla versicolor) Would prefer CB. Anyone have any breeding projects going on?

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

KingCam

Default Re: Gray Tree Frogs

Quote Originally Posted by jubilee View Post
    Hi guys,

I am looking for Gray Tree Frogs (Hyla versicolor) Would prefer CB. Anyone have any breeding projects going on?

Thanks!
    Not yet, but hopefully in the next month or two they'll be laying. They were in brumation all winter and the males have been calling for the past several weeks. Mine however are copes grey tree frogs.

jubilee

That's cool! I wish you lots of luck with them!! From everything I read, they are pretty similar, appearance and care wise, right? It seems like most people just have these guys running all over their yards But I am in the city and am not so lucky. Anyway, I would be interested in some if/when you get to that point.

KingCam

That's cool! I wish you lots of luck with them!! From everything I read, they are pretty similar, appearance and care wise, right?
    Everything is exactly the same about them except their call. It's slightly different.

It seems like most people just have these guys running all over their yards But I am in the city and am not so lucky.
    I have never seen one in my yard, but they can be easily found at the edges of the city and beyond.

jubilee

Well count me in if you do end up selling any of your babies! :]

KingCam

Living in Missouri it would be illegal to sell any, but if I have any extras I'd love to give you one or two (just pay for the 1-day shipping). I don't think there are any laws that prevent me from letting you adopt one of my frogs for free.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

jubilee

Oh, sorry, I didn't think of this.... If you did end up with even one to spare I would gladly pay whatever the shipping is. Since they are your babies and not WC guys, I would think it would be okay... But what the heck do I know.

KingCam

Oh, sorry, I didn't think of this.... If you did end up with even one to spare I would gladly pay whatever the shipping is. Since they are your babies and not WC guys, I would think it would be okay... But what the heck do I know.
    No need for apologies I'd be happy to send you a frog or two when the time comes if I determine it's legal to do so :P

jubilee

I hope it is Good luck with your project and let us know when they hatch.

Abigale

I'm going to raise gray tree frog tadpoles this summer, so if it doesn't work out with Cam, just let me know. Grays are my favorite kind of tree frogs, and I'm so happy to see they are in high demand on this forum.

TheFroggyDragon

The main thing is to be sure NO money swaps hands. Have the person you are shipping to pay for the shipping label directly. This insures nothing can come of it and it is very clear the animal was given away and not sold.
    Good luck to both of you

Quote Originally Posted by KingCam View Post
    Living in Missouri it would be illegal to sell any, but if I have any extras I'd love to give you one or two (just pay for the 1-day shipping). I don't think there are any laws that prevent me from letting you adopt one of my frogs for free.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

jubilee

Thanks for the info!

KingCam

Thanks for the info!
    I'd like to second that. Thanks!

On a side note, I caught two of my grey's in amplux two nights ago, but nothing came of it No eggs yet, but the males are still calling daily, so we'll see. Keep your fingers crossed for me

jubilee

Ooh, love is in the air! Fingers and toes crossed!!

Thread Information