Thread: hello, my name is Doug.

Dougthefrog

Question hello, we need your frog help!!

Hello, my boyfriend and I found my frog Doug underneath a rock by a river bank in the Los Angeles Mountains. On Big Tujunga Canyon, it's 2" long and 1/2 " wide. Here's the picture, he's also my avatar. Also, for the sake of his mental and physical health; does this type of frog get lonely? Reason why, is because we found him amongst other frogs, that, hopped away, except him. What's the best food to get for him? Anyone know his exact breed? I apologise if I posted on the wrong section, just please let me know. Love to find other ppl others into and frogs!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Kurt

Default Re: hello, we need your frog help!!

The best I can figure is that it is a California treefrog, Pseudacris cadaverina. Check with your state laws to make sure this is legal to keep. Oh and it's not "breed", its species. Breed is a verb or action. Frogs sre not social animals per se, so he is fine by himself. I like to keep mine in pairs or small groups for breeding purposes. My guess is you can keep him like a Pacific chorus frog, Pseudacris regilla (see care article).

Thread Information