Thread: Finally Heard it!!

skeet9924

Default Finally Heard it!!

Tonight for the first time I finally heard my RTF Leap croak!!! He only did it once but it was really neat!! Caught me off guard!! Guess that means I have a male right?? Name:  photo (1).jpg
Views: 78
Size:  97.8 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Jess

Default Re: Finally Heard it!!

Congrats! ...I don't know much about RETF's but I'd say, mazel tov its a boy!

S13

They have 2 different calls, one is a quick chirp and the other one kinda drags on for a while. Im assuming you heard the quick kinda two syllable chirp When my little Burn starts he sounds awesome.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Congrats! It's a boy! Lol!
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Jdnocente

females will do the destress call as well, if its 3" or bigger female, 2-2.5" male, also 1 has a boxyr nose than the other but i forgot that info

how old is it? does it have extra skin on its throat? r the thumbs darker than the rest of the fingers on the front feet? (grips for mating)

skeet9924

My frog is just about 2 inches ( measured while it was sleeping) ill have to take a look tonight when it's awake to see about the throat and the feet..

It was the 2 syllable chirp that it did.. I'm not sure how old it is.. Ive had it since Christmas and got it from a pet store.. I asked them and they were not sure either.

What causes the female to do the distress call?

Jdnocente

alot of things can cause a female to do a call, landing wrong.., bloating, having a male jump on them when theyre not expecting, the males call is longer than 2 chirps... thats the distress call, the mating call will sound like a kid laughing.. or my friends say it sounds like a dolphin :P
    a sharp chirp followed by the "dolphin" noise

skeet9924

well it chirped again tonight...when it was waking up...sounded more like a dolphin laughing this time...he only did it twice though

S13

Quote Originally Posted by skeet9924 View Post
    well it chirped again tonight...when it was waking up...sounded more like a dolphin laughing this time...he only did it twice though
    That sounds like the longer call they also do. looks like you have yourself a boy

Jdnocente

congratz on the male... dolphin
    watch comedy central and they wont stop, mine did it for like 10 min, i was like is it really that funny?! lol

skeet9924

I might have to try that.. Last night I just had some music playing through the tv when he did it.. As he matures will he start doing it more then once or twice a night? Everyone keeps missing it because I'm they are a upstairs

S13

Last night I was playing Battlefield 3 with buddies online and I was laughing at something and my little guy joined in with me Crazy frog.

Thread Information