Thread: Thinking of geting a Whites

InfinitysDaughter

Default Thinking of geting a Whites

So its almost a 100% guarantee that Baby Eros, my baby pac man, is going to go back to the pet store. He hasn't eaten in a week and I'm pretty sure he's lost a good deal of weight. I dont think right now is the time for me to get a pac despite how much I love them. I think I should be a little more experienced before I try such a sensitive breed again.

We have a whites at work that I have been eyeing for weeks now (and getting big puppy dog eyes in return ) but knew I couldn't get it because if the pac grew up it would take the larger tank I use to keep my little girls in. (its a 10 gallon generic glass tank) But now that I think I'll be returning Ero's the tank is free'd up.

I have a wild caught gray and a captive green that are both thriving so I feel like I have a good deal of experience and knowledge about raising tree frogs and think a Whites might be a better fit for the time being then a pac.

The tank has a UTH on the bottom and will have about 1-2 inches of ground coconut fiber (eco earth) sub. I have another smaller UTH that I can put either on the bottom or the side of the tank as well.

The whites at the store is only about 1-2 inches and spends most of his/her time hiding so I thought some simple decorations for the time being may be best. I'll eventually get a larger tank since its perfered to have a 20+ gallon but also I prefer the kind of tanks with doors on the front (the zoo med tanks). It seems like it stresses my girls much less to have me reach in at there level then to reach down on them.

I've read the guide for Whites and it seems like there care is similar to grays and greens just on a larger scale. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I'd appreciate it to be sure I dont make any silly mistakes.

I would love any pointers that may not be in the guide. I'll probably be bringing him/her home tomorrow if my expert agrees that Baby would be better handled back at the pet store then with me (I'd rather give him up then have him die as much as it hurts to give him up its more fair to him).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

InfinitysDaughter

Default Re: Thinking of geting a Whites

So I ended up taking my Baby pac back to the store tonight because he took a turn for the worse this morning. So I ended up getting my new Whites tonight. His/Her name is Azrael (lord I hope that is not a bad omen >>) and I hope I'll have pics up in a day or so.

Right now his tank is very....simple. Just the sub, a half log to hide in, a water dish to soak, and a piece of drift wood to climb on. I want to go walmart and ace when they start getting some plants in and have some real plants in small pots in the tank.

Right now the tank is just open on all sides. Would it be a good idea to get a background or will s/he be fine once I get the plants in there?

Thread Information