Thread: Is this an okay deal?

Trohr

Default Is this an okay deal?

At the moment I have a 30 gallon aquarium, and in a year or two my two White's Tree Frogs are probably going to need something a bit bigger. I would like them to have something bigger as it is.

I found this tank on Craigslist and I think it's a pretty good deal, but wasn't sure....

I have car payments that I should be making, and would like a tuneup for my bike before winter hits. Trying to decide if I should just wait to find something bigger/cheaper/more reasonably priced, but I can't decide. I have a horrible time making decisions.

Opinions, input, suggestions greatly appreciated.

-----------------------------------------------------------

" 125 Gallon Fish Tank - 72" long X 22" tall X 18" wide. Used tank (saltwater fish). Includes Coralife 72" compact flourescent light fixture for aquarium. Used fixture - time to replace bulbs (recommend replacing annually) - uses four square pin 96W bulbs (bulbs are between $30 and $40 depending on brand on marinedepot.com or drsfosterandsmith.com). Fixture also has blue LED moonlights for nighttime viewing. This fixture sells for $500 new on drsfosterandsmith.com.. I will also throw in buckets of white crushed coral sand for free and the plastic background to tape to the tank. $250 FIRM Cash ONLY. "

Last edited by Trohr; November 2nd, 2009 at 09:20 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Is this an okay deal?

I don't know if that big of a tank is needed. I think a thirty is ok.

Trohr

It would be awesome though, huh :]? They would have all sorts of exploring room. I don't really mind spending the money too- just wondering if it's a good deal. I would take the 30 gallon, and get a tarantula or a small salamander to put in it. Car payments are pretty important though....

Nationality
    [United States]

The deal is definitely great. But car payments are important I hear (I am 15) You could keep the white's in their current tank and get something else for the 125 gallon like turtles or toads or a super large colony of dart frogs Or put the white's in the 125 gallon and get more to join them.

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by Trohr View Post
    Car payments are pretty important though....
    And so is your credit rating, don't screw it up. Forget about the 125, your White's are perfectly fine in a 30. Thats what mine are in.

Trohr

Bleeeeeegh.... My credit score is pretty bad....

I think i'm going to live off of rice, vegetables, not bathe, wash clothes, wash dishes, etc. and set aside $50.00 every paycheck until I can afford the tank- I should be able to get it the end of December or January. I don't think that tank's going to be going anywhere anytime soon.

To the bank to pay off debt!

Trohr

The seller just gave me a call a few minutes ago and said that he needs money soon, and is willing to sell the lights along with the tank for $150.00 instead of $250.00. Is it a steal now? I can't decide if I want to get it just to have it or what.... I think I might just get it because I get paid this weekend, and am going to have a bit extra on top for watching a relatives house for awhile....

Opinions, suggestions, input greatly appreciated~

Kerry1968

I think you've pretty much convinced yourself to get it!

Wyomingite

No matter how cheap somethin' is, it's only a steal if I can afford it. What I hafta ask myself is: is it a "need" (food, clothing, shelter, medication or finacial obligation, such as a loan), or is it a "want" (just about everything else). "Needs" come first, "wants" are icing on the cake. IME, if I hafta ask myself or anyone if somethin' is a good buy or not, or if I hafta ask if I really need it, then I probly don't.

So only you really know whether it's a good deal or not.

The advice aside, LOL, $150.00 is a good price for that. $250.00 was a good price. IF ya can afford it.... And only you can answer that.

WYite

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Highum View Post
    But car payments are important I hear (I am 15)
    You sound much, much older than 15.

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by 1beataway View Post
    You sound much, much older than 15.
    Must be his deep voice.

Nationality
    [United States]

Haha thanks I am so glad I don't have to worry bout all that yet.

into

Quote Originally Posted by Trohr View Post
    Bleeeeeegh.... My credit score is pretty bad....

I think i'm going to live off of rice, vegetables, not bathe, wash clothes, wash dishes, etc. and set aside $50.00 every paycheck until I can afford the tank- I should be able to get it the end of December or January. I don't think that tank's going to be going anywhere anytime soon.

To the bank to pay off debt!
    I remember those days of deciding if I pay a bill or buy a new "toy". It sucked. I used to make the wrong choices and ended up with bad credit, but slowly I came to my senses. Do what I do, pay your bills AND buy your tank... just don't eat (I do eat, but if I need extra money, I just don't eat out for a week or two)

deengo1975

I deal with credit all day long. If it's already screwed up don't screw it up any more so you can slowly repair it. It take 7 years to remove collections and they still stay on your report even after you pay it until 7 years from the point it was filed.

If it's just lates they will be reporting for 2 years. So, I would just pay it because I can find another deal on Craigslist in a few more months when I can afford to splurge.

Thread Information