Thread: Hello Frog lovers

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Hello Frog lovers

Hi my name is Jason I am married and prode father of a 2 month old little girl.
    I come from a family of animal lovers and rescuers
    Pets 2 tree frogs 1 dog

I have liked tree frogs for about 11 years now my first tree frog that I had was a Gray tree frog that sounded like it barked at night wild caught in southern Illinois and I fell in love with the little slimy creature.
    This is my secound time having tree frogs as pets sense my first one died several years back.
    I have one Terrarium with one Common American Green tree frog and one Cope's Gray tree frog and a unknown tadpole all wild caught back in spring 2011.

feel free to friend me if you like. I am looking forward to talking about frogs and seeing every one elses cool frogs and tank/terrarium set ups.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

carol66

Default Re: Hello Frog lovers

hello I like itforg and it cool .but frog need light

Nirkin

Default Re: Hello Frog lovers

Hi Jason. Seems that you have the same love that I have. My 10 tree frogs were left over from last year's spawn, but they were too young to be let go as the summer was no summer at all. Temps were down and I feared for them. Never kept frogs before but somehow I just couldn't let these little guys out there by themselves, I felt that had to have a fighting chance. I live in the woods so wildlife is abundant. Tree frogs all around me. I started to collect the spawn from buckets and pots that got waterlogged from rains, and then they would dry out in the sun and poor little things would die. So I started to collect them and bought huge plastics tubs to keep them in.
    They were taking so much time to keep clean and fed. I ended up last year with 9 tubs, nearly 500 or 600 tadpoles. I read somewhere that you could over winter them, so I transferred them into smaller buckets and camped out my downstairs bathroom. I still have a load, living and seemingly healthy. Hopefully they will turn this year. Back to the ones that did change. Ten of them. I read and set up an aquarium. Heat mat, flooring, water pools and plants. Plastic plants, I found that these could be cleaned better. I did have some logging material in there that I bought for them, but I removed it when it started to show signs of going moldy. I lost a little guy the other day, so small, just gave up eating. Today I went down to feed them with the new flies that arrived and horrified to find my big frog upside down dead in one of the water pools. I was devastated. My hubby thought it might be red leg, but upon investigation he clearly does not have red leg. I just don't know what could have killed him.. I took the remaining frogs out and thoroughly cleaned everything today. All clean bedding and put all the plants under boiling water to kill anything that might be on there. I am baffled. There are no other signs on him. Does this happen often? Anything to add that I can do with the others. Appetite seems to be okay. I plan on letting these guys go when the weather gets better. Thank you.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Welcome
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Thread Information