Thread: WTF with oddly colored spots?

aradia

Default WTF with oddly colored spots?

Hi all! I have a blue phase WTF, just a baby, and I've had him for about four months now.

I recently left him in the care of my roommate for about four days while I was housesitting, before which I didn't notice anything unusual, and I got home today and noticed that he looked sort of bony and had some weird yellowish spots on him. I just fed him and he ate three small crickets, he's moving around pretty normally, and the only strange thing I've seen him do is "yawn" a bit after eating the crickets.
    I'm mostly concerned about the spots. They don't look like anything I've seen before.
    I've attached a picture - I usually take my frogs out to feed them when I get concerned about their eating habits, so that I can sort of regulate. The spots I'm talking about are the ones by his head and ears, obviously not the regular white ones.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

aradia

Default Re: WTF with oddly colored spots?

An update of sorts. The spots have dimmed to a light green, but are still there. He's still pretty active and his eyes are clear, so ... should I be as worried as I am?

Jdnocente

look stressed

aradia

Quote Originally Posted by Jdnocente View Post
    look stressed
    Could he have been stressed about his momma being gone for four days? Hahaha.

aradia

Um ... not to be a bother, but the spots aren't gone. It looks like there's more, in fact ... they're smaller, but there's definitely more.

c0urt maRie

I know they get their spots with age but he looks way younger than my whites and mine has no spots at all yet :/ I'm guessing a superficial infection maybe has developed? I'm no vet but I'm a Medical Assistant going for RN now!

aradia

Picture update ... he ate two crickets just now and the spots haven't gone away, as you can see.
    I messed with the contrast and brightness just a bit so it would be easier to see them.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Jdnocente

is the water dechlorinated? heard u could use neosporin on infections, just make sure it doesnt have painkiller, cause it will kill ur frog... hope this little guy gets better, he's n rough shape. had 3 whites die from redleg a couple years ago, thinkin its the water in my area

aradia

The water I use, I let sit for a few days before I use it on them ... but nothing really other than that. The other frog I house with my little guy is perfectly healthy, and neither of them are showing any real indication that it might be redleg. ): I've started dropping some antibiotic that was prescribed for a different frog on him, though. Only the second day of that so I can't tell if it's doing anything yet.

Thread Information