Thread: Pacman frog is skinny and wont eat

alexglenn

Default Pacman frog is skinny and wont eat

ok, i have a 2 year old pacman frog that has stopped eating. it has been a month since it last ate and it is starting to get skinny, whenever i try to feed her (crickets) she tries to push away and seems like she doesnt want it. my temp is at 70-80 and i have a water bowl, cocofiber substrate with moss. i really dont know what to do, she sits in her waterbowl all day and doesnt move or show any sign of aggresiveness whatsoever, she is getting really skinny and she just wont eat or even bite at anything! in the past she used to eat crickets daily and every once in a while earthworms or goldfish. someone help please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

pyxieBob

Default Re: Pacman frog is skinny and wont eat

When is the last time she went poop?

alexglenn

i cant remember the exact date, but im guessing 2-3 weeks ago at least

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Your Pacs temps need to be 80 to 85 during the day and 75 to 79 at night. 70 is too cool.

What are your humidity levels? They need 70% to 80%.

Do you use De-chlorinated water or Spring water?

Do you dust your frogs food with a multivitamin once a week and a calcium supplement everyy other feeding?

Have you tried givinng your frog worms now or a pinky?

How often do you change your frogs substrate? And do you expand it with de-chlorinated water or spring water?

Here's what I want you to do. For a energy boost for your frog prepare a bath that is no deeper than just below your frogs chin. The bath should be luke warm and be de-chlorinated water. Disolve 3 to 4 drops of honey in the bath then place your frog in. Let uour frog soak for 10 to 15 minutes then place your frog back in his/her enclosure. Let him/her be for a little bit then try to feed. If food is refused I want you to force feed your frog.

Do you know how to force feed a Pacman?

Keep me posted.

alexglenn

my humidity levels are fine, i use tap filtered tapwater, and i used to dust my crickets with calcium when my frog was eating reguarly about twice a week. Its cage is a little bit dirty right now , im gonna change it soon. and i think i might try force feeding, how should i do it?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by alexglenn View Post
    my humidity levels are fine, i use tap filtered tapwater, and i used to dust my crickets with calcium when my frog was eating reguarly about twice a week. Its cage is a little bit dirty right now , im gonna change it soon. and i think i might try force feeding, how should i do it?
    Filtered tap water is not good. It still has to be treated with a conditioner/de-chlorinating agent. If not done it will slowly poison your frog and it will die.

When force feeding you use a credit card or small shopper card to slowly and gentley pry open your frogs mouth. It is best performed with 2 people. You can place moist paper towels down on the floor. Place your frog on the paper towels. Have one person place their hands behind the frog to keep him/her from backing away. Gentley place the corner of the card between the upper and lower jaw halfway between the rear hinge and snout. This is the easiest place to open the mouth from. Have the food item you are going to feed the frog in your other hand close to his/her mouth.

Apply pressure gentley and increasing pressure until the mouth opens. Quickly and carefully placing the food item inside the mouth of your frog. It only has to be placed partially in. When your frog closes his/her mouth on the item he/she should do the rest.

This may take you a few tries. Just remain calm and patient. You frog can pick up on your frustration and become stressed.

Keep me posted.

To forcefeed use a teaspoon.Place the cricket on the spoon and gently open your frogs mouth.Once the mouth is open tilt the spoon upwards and allow the cricket to fall in.
    Hope you can get him to eat.
    isabelle

Thread Information