Thread: Repti Fogger Question

Jptalon

Default Repti Fogger Question

I have just hooked up my Repti Fogger to a Zoo Med hydrotherm controller. My question is how often should it be turning on? Right now its coming on about every 5 or 6 minutes and staying on for about 15 seconds. I have been having trouble keeping humidity up. Another thing is, the humidity gauge that ive been going by is reading around 60% humidity while the display on the hygrotherm is reading around 80%.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Repti Fogger Question

Quote Originally Posted by Jptalon View Post
    I have just hooked up my Repti Fogger to a Zoo Med hydrotherm controller. My question is how often should it be turning on? Right now its coming on about every 5 or 6 minutes and staying on for about 15 seconds. I have been having trouble keeping humidity up. Another thing is, the humidity gauge that ive been going by is reading around 60% humidity while the display on the hygrotherm is reading around 80%.
    Depending on ambient room humidity levels it will kick on a lot. The one reading 60% is probably wrong. Is it an analog gauge?

Do you have 3/4 of you screen top covered with plastic wrap?

Also how much leway did you give the humidity to drop from your set amount?

Jptalon

It is an analog gauge so im assuming that one is off. i do have plastic wrap on 3/4 of the screen. I just got the hygrotherm today and i wasnt aware that you could give the humidity leway, just messed with it for a few minuted and couldnt figure that out. Also im using loose coco fiber substrate, i was wondering if the brick substrate would be better as the loose substrate doesnt seem to hold moisture very well at all.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Jptalon View Post
    It is an analog gauge so im assuming that one is off. i do have plastic wrap on 3/4 of the screen. I just got the hygrotherm today and i wasnt aware that you could give the humidity leway, just messed with it for a few minuted and couldnt figure that out. Also im using loose coco fiber substrate, i was wondering if the brick substrate would be better as the loose substrate doesnt seem to hold moisture very well at all.
    When using the bagged coco fiber you take a large bowl or bucket that is clean and has no chemical residue and fill it with some warm de-chlorinated water. Pour a pile of the substrate on top of the water and nead the substrate like dough in the water so the substrate becomes very saturated. Next pick up large handfuls and squeez the excess water out til it to however moist you want it and continue until you have enough that you need in the enclosure. This helps keep it moist. Also you fogger will saturate the substrate over time as it runs. If you are using a light it will burn off humidity in your frogs enclosure so that is probably why it keeps kicking on. Not to mention the heat in your house will make the air dry in the house also causing there to be less in your frogs home. It won't hurt for it to run.

Read your Hygrotherms instructions and it will tell you how to set how far it can drop before kicking back on. It will also allow this for heat too.

Thread Information