Thread: Tympanic membrane redness?

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Tympanic membrane redness?

I noticed that my white tree frog has a tympatic membrane that is a little red. It is not inflamed or anything, it just looks like underneath there is a little red squiggle, maybe like a scratch, or possibly just a discoloration I suppose. He acts fine, his equilibrium is fine, he eats eagerly, his color is good, etc. Even if there is a problem, if it will heal itself or not be a problem, I dont want to stress by a vet visit. I guess he could have bumped it leaping for a cricket or something, but it is not busted or inflamed and he is acting no different. Do you have any suggestions or ideas about what it could be or what I should do? The first picture is of his right tympanic membrane, that looks grayish and normal to me, and the other pictures are of the left one that looks red to me. I know the pics are poor quality, but all I have is a cell phone camera. I gave up and ended up taking pics in his enclosure, as he kept leaping from me every time I held him for more than a few seconds.This frog is going to be the death of me, I worry too much about him . Thanks guys
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    God bless,

Laura

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Kurt

Default Re: Tympanic membrane redness?

I can't really tell if there is a problem or not. I think I would have to see it.

Nationality
    [United States]

I know I am sorry the pics are bad, it was really the best I could do. It just looks like underneath the left one is red, maybe like busted capillaries or something. He acts completely normal though.
    God bless,

Laura

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Give it time and pay extra attention to him

Kurt

You may want to have a vet check him out just to be on the safe side.

Sometimes my whites ears will look more or less red depending on the time of day, after calling they appear more inflamed than they would normally. I'm not sure what good it would be to take the frog to a vet unless the vet is very familiar with amphibians, Dr. Frye (fryebrothersfrogs.com) and Dr. Wright (Arizona Exotic Animal Hospital) are two vets which specialize in amphibians so you might try contacting them.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Birds could you add that to http://www.frogforum.net/general-dis...list-vets.html if they are not already in those links?

Thread Information