Thread: if can please rescue!!!

Default if can please rescue!!!

So my mom had been wanting some darts since I started to get into owning frogs. So my mom looked around for tanks and such and found some good deals. We now have three other tanks, four total in the house. I am loving the fact that I started this obsession in my house. On Craigslist there was someone who was selling 2 vivariums, all planted and everything and two diffrent darts in one tank and one female dumpy tree frog in the other tank. We weren't interested in the dumpy but mom wanted the tanks and the dart. all of this was only $80!!! Today we went down there and went to get the tanks and the dart. Unfortunatly the older dart died... Heres the sad part. We got there and the guy admitted to neglecting this poor dart. He's very skinny! We felt so bad we had to give him a good home, we were happy to take him. On the way home the previous owner had some fruit flies for us, the dart ate like he hadn't in days!!!!!!!!!!! This poor little guy was literally being starved. > :'( So we gladly have brought him home into our family. He/she is in his/her new CLEAN vivarium. The tanks both the dart and the dumpy were in have mold! We can smell it a good five feet away! The smell is not earthy at all but ewww and moldy and as if something is rotting!! Made us pretty mad actually. This individual has so many pets he neglected the delicate care his frogs required. So we gave him a clean new vivarium and will completely sterilize and remodel his old vivarium. The dart is currently hopping around happy, only a little stressed and started to eat no less than a minute after introduced. We have named him Mocha Java Chiller, Java for short.

However, we feel really bad about leaving the dumpy with this guy...really bad. If ANYONE can save him please do. This guy is on Craigslist. Denver Craigslist, search under community, search white tree frog or vivarium. The title is currently 2 vivariums with frogs, but we have one of the frogs and the vivariums. PLEASE save this poor female dumpy!!!Name:  010.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  54.3 KB This is Java! Our new baby and Campana!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: if can please rescue!!!

Wow, I am so glad you rescued that poor frog! It's heartbreaking that the other frog didn't make it till you came to get them and that the dumpy is still in those deplorable conditions. Looks like you saved the poor little thing in time. Hopefully he/she will make a full recovery. Congrats on the new addition to your family.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Congrats on the new frogs.
    Hopefully you have some new fly cultures going and my big suggestion is to get some calcium and supervite on those flies. If you set up a feeding station with a piece of banana the flies will tend to be drawn to it and so will the frog for the flies :-)

I would do the calcuim for every feeding for at least a week or two then rotate the supplements so its getting two calcium dustings to every one of the supervite from then on.

If he was neglecting them then he was definitely neglecting these vital needs.
    1.0.0 Red Eyed Leaf/ Frog - Agalychnis callidryas
    1.1.1 Bumblebee Dart Frog - Dendrobates leucomelas
    1.1.0 Dendrobates truncatus - Yellow Striped
    1.1.1 Dendrobates tinctorius – Bakhuis Mountain
    1.1.0 - Dendrobates tinctorius - Powder Blue
    1.1.0 - Ranitomeya vanzolinii

thanx for the tips. He's doing great. been hoping around and eatting..even has a little puge. he already starting to look like he getting some meat on him. but he's been hoping around happily and jumping in his pool. so far he's doing great and are glad to see him adapting to his new home so well.

Nationality
    [United States]

I'm so glad to hear this. I hope someone rescues the White's from the jerk.

me 2..i feel really bad about leaving her their...its eating me...

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
    me 2..i feel really bad about leaving her their...its eating me...
    The only thing you can do is either hope someone save the poor frog or go back and rescue her yourself. It would eat at me too. I feel bad as well because people like him don't deserve any pet.

Nationality
    [United States]

I took a look at Craigslist as soon as I seen the post and the post was gone. I looked under Viv and Whites and nothing come up. I hope I did not miss it, if its still there send me a link to it and I will call the guy!

Helm96 heres the link. 2 vivariums with frogs

Nationality
    [United States]

How big was the Whites? If you remember. I need to make sure he can go in with my others. Also where about a in Denver is the guy located?

Before I could consider getting her I will need to clean and resetup my quarantine tank since it just freed up a few days ago.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

12. This member thanks helm96 for this post:

I'd guess about 4 inches maybe?? And it's a female...lol I'll ask my mom where he's at about in Denver...I dont know so ill ask.

he's at 6th and Sheridan in Denver

Nationality
    [United States]

I tried to contact the guy but I have yet to have a response as of yet. I really hope trhat means that somebody picked her up. I hope she was relieved of those conditions. I am gonna try to contact him again and see what happens. I will let you know if I have any luck, but as it stands it looks like she may have been resued already, at least for easing my mind that is what I am going to believe. People should not buy them if they do not plan on giving the care needed!

He took a while to respond to us as well.. they didnt answer the email till late. So i'd try a couple times. Please keep us posted. That would bring great ease, we felt so bad. i just hope she gets a home that'll feed her and care for her.
    Update on Java. He's starting to get plump!! eatting still hoping around happily. But he's not looking as skinny definetly looking like he should or starting to at least.
    here's a pic i took yesterday.
    Name:  011 (2).jpg
Views: 131
Size:  79.0 KB

Nationality
    [United States]

I sent the first email on the 15th and another tonight so we will see what happens.

Java is looking great!

18. This member thanks helm96 for this post:

You get a hold of him yet??
    And thanks, he's definetily not looking like a stick as much.

Nationality
    [United States]

The guy never returned any my messages. I am really hoping this means that she got a new home! Really though, if thats the case how hard is it to respond with a simple "I am sorry she is gone!"?

i hope so to. I dont know its really hard for them i guess. Thanks for trying tho. i hope she just got a home, a good one.

Thread Information