Thread: White's Tree Frog Behavior Question

Hunter62186

Default White's Tree Frog Behavior Question

Hey guys! I'm new here and new to frog ownership as well. I already have a horrible tree frog story where I lost my little bugger (I can tell you what happened if you like but it's not pertinent to this question. I was distraught :/ ). I bought a companion for the male I still have, though it is a very young frog. (Don't worry, he isn't small enough to eat. My other male is still nowhere near full grown.) My behavior question involves my new little foot. I looked over at them tonight and he was sitting on top of my larger male. Just sitting on his back. Like he had found his own personal couch. It was really adorably funny. The male didn't look happy about it and did some grumbling but he tolerated him just sitting there. I was curious if this is abnormal behavior, or confused mating behavior? Although this tree frog is probably only an inch anf a half and too young for such thoughts. ;P

-Alyssa

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

c0urt maRie

Default Re: White's Tree Frog Behavior Question

I saw this at the petstore that I bought my whites from! The one I have is a male but they had a female in the tank and she was smaller as well! She got up from pooping and laid her head pretty much on his back like she was cuddling! I wonder if it's just a personality trait they have!

NetworkLabs

My make American Green Tree Frogs do the same thing. I believe mine did it because they have been at the pet store for months together. So they are used to each other and don't mind the other getting on ones back, as long as they don't enter mating position, which they never have. But yea, when Peeper would get behind the filter with Snoopy, Snoopy, or Peeper would croak a little then they just sit there. It doesn't hurt to be friends!

Hunter62186

It was quite literally the cutest thing I've ever seen. They are new buddies too. Only a couple of days. :]

Kristen87

My whites do it too The girl will "cuddle" up to my male with her head on his back and an arm thrown over his head lol. They've only just started doing it though after being with me for a few months. So cute.

mim

mine will sleep next to each other. last night willow was fully ontop of oki. and this morning they are next to each other but oki has his leg over willow lol. its just like they are cuddling

NetworkLabs

As long there is no fighting, I honestly don't see anything wrong with it. They probably are just good friends.

Thread Information