Thread: Any tips increasing the colors on my pac man frog?

kev485

Default Any tips increasing the colors on my pac man frog?

I noticed that my pac man frog isn't as green and bright as you normally would see in a healthy pac man frog. I only feed it earth worms dusted with calcium if this helps. i feel bad that he isn't as green as i would want him to be. are there any recomendation that i can use to feed my pac man frog?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Any tips increasing the colors on my pac man frog?

Quote Originally Posted by kev485 View Post
    I noticed that my pac man frog isn't as green and bright as you normally would see in a healthy pac man frog. I only feed it earth worms dusted with calcium if this helps. i feel bad that he isn't as green as i would want him to be. are there any recomendation that i can use to feed my pac man frog?
    They change colors as they grow. What you feed your feeders and the vitamin supplements you give your frog can increase color. If you use a multivitamin dust once a week that contains betecarotine it will brighten the yellows/oranges especially with ornates and albinos. It will also brighten the lighter greens. If you feed your feeders greens like lettuce/spinach and other greens it will help some with the green, but not much. Feeding your feeders fruites and vegetables does help with the colors of your frogs as well as using the multivitamin. Rep-Cal multivitamin contains betacarotine.

Sadly a lot of Green Pacman frogs especially C.Cranwelli will turn another color as they grow and age. They will either stay mostly the Olive Green or they turn light brown or as mine is turning, tan. You never know exactly how their colors turn out, but it is awesome to see how they change. They will also change color to try and match their surroundings. So you have to take that into consideration.

IvoryReptiles

Try this........keep the frog in a container with a moist paper towel as substrate for a week. Make sure it has a water dish to soak in as well. We have noticed that when kept on fiber, ALL colors (including the albino) will dull out or brown out.

When we are planning to vend a show, we convert all the frogs we are selling to the paper towel substrate and their true color shows. Just remember, the colors are for show. You have to decide if you want the frog to be as comfortable as possible (aka, coco fiber to dig into) or if you want the color to admire (paper towel substrate)........it is up to the owner at the end of the day.

Honestly, we have kept some of our frogs on paper towel as a norm and only given them the coco fiber if they are being aestivated for the breeding season with no ill effects to the frog's health.

Nationality
    [United States]

I noticed that as well with my fantasy. She looks as though she has been 'stained' brown. And I notice she is brighter after a nice soak .
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

6. This member thanks Heatheranne for this post:

pacman90

the color's in the first picture (green/orangish yellow) are beautiful!

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Thats why I dont use that coco fiber stuff.

infamouschris7

My fantasy looks very similar to that pic above. Usually changes bright lime/orange and some different brown. Usually after it soaks also

Nationality
    [United States]

My cranwelli goes from really dull to having some really nice greens and yellows in just the few minutes it takes to soak too. I've even noticed a big color difference when she's been buried completely versus when she's sitting mostly on top of the coco-fiber.

Nationality
    [United States]

Some don't darken at all on Coco Fiber. Sam Blues never darken on it and neither do Blue Line Ornates The darkening is natural. They darken to disguise themselves so as to not be eaten by predators and for security in their environment.

Nationality
    [United States]

Both of my fantasies have turned more brown or tan over time. Though, my male has held his color a bit more than my female.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Thread Information