Thread: Heating a rubbermade container

LIZZIE82

Default Heating a rubbermade container

Pocket just had a surgery and I have not put substrate back in his rubbermaid container. I just have some damp paper towels in there now. I just have a regular heating pad under the container. It's not working well with the paper towels. I feel like he's sitting on cold, damp towels. Not good. What else can I do? His temp was at 80° & it's dropped the last 12 hours. What else can I do?? I do have a small zoo med under tank heater but I lost the little nubs they give you so air csn travel below. Please help!!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Heating a rubbermade container

Quote Originally Posted by LIZZIE82 View Post
    Pocket just had a surgery and I have not put substrate back in his rubbermaid container. I just have some damp paper towels in there now. I just have a regular heating pad under the container. It's not working well with the paper towels. I feel like he's sitting on cold, damp towels. Not good. What else can I do? His temp was at 80° & it's dropped the last 12 hours. What else can I do?? I do have a small zoo med under tank heater but I lost the little nubs they give you so air csn travel below. Please help!!!!
    You may be able to place the UTH on the side to help with temps. Be sure you change the towels often because they are prone to fungal growth.

LIZZIE82

I have a 3 gallon "hospital"tank that I used with him before. It's glass with a screen top. I can put him in that with paper towels and I know I can regulate temperature really well. I will still use paper towels to monitor his bowel movements. ... the only thing is with feeding. I can't feed him too good in there because it's too small. I would have to remove him for force feeding causing more stress. What would you do?? I honestly don't know what's best.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by LIZZIE82 View Post
    I have a 3 gallon "hospital"tank that I used with him before. It's glass with a screen top. I can put him in that with paper towels and I know I can regulate temperature really well. I will still use paper towels to monitor his bowel movements. ... the only thing is with feeding. I can't feed him too good in there because it's too small. I would have to remove him for force feeding causing more stress. What would you do?? I honestly don't know what's best.
    If you can better regulate temps and humidity in the glass tank, it would be the best place for him to be. He will be stressed with force feeding regardless, but since he is used to it being done there won't be as much stress from feeding. If you have to remove him from that tank for feeding it is ok. I had to take Grif out every time I fed her because it is really hard to force feed in her home. As long as he is warm he should be ok. He will have time to calm down after he eats. I find that my frogs feel less stress when they get fed after being handled.

Thread Information