Thread: Whites Tree Frog enclosure

AmysAnimals

Default Whites Tree Frog enclosure

I am thinking of getting my mom a whites tree frog. I already have an exo terra 12" x 12" x 18" on my list...that's all I have so far though! LOL

I want to have a little corner where it's like a pond and then have the bottom be moss or some other plant. I just don't know what to do. I would be helping my mom set it up but I want it to look awesome for her. I would help her maintain the enclosure, but it would mostly be up to her. I was wondering what kind of lighting/heat source should I get and where should I get it from?

What kind of plants should I get for the enclosure and what kind of wood would be good for climbing and won't rot with humidity?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Whites Tree Frog enclosure

For mine I have a piece of pecan wood that has held up for around 2 years now with no decomposition. As for plants I use air bromeliads and some Spanish hanging moss (which is also an air bromeliad) so I did not have to worry about any fertilizers used on their soil (they don't need any) plus they love the humidity and can be hung anywhere in the enclosure. As for the moss I just bought that "dried" moss they sell at pet stores. I believe mine was zilla brand. Regardless it works fairly well, keep it moist and it will come back to life and it seems to deter fruit fly growth. As for true bromeliads and other tropical plants that require planting I'll get back to you on that. I am still uncertain how to properly sanitize them and their soil. I hope this helped a bit.

Thread Information