Thread: Eleutherodactylus set-up

Yusil

Default Eleutherodactylus set-up

Okay, Hi .

I was wondering, how would one go about setting up a tank/habitat for a frog of the Genus Eleutherodactylus ?

According to my readings, they can beither either; Terrestrial/Arboreal or Aquatic, some are all of the above. I have two Eleutherodactylus Jonstonei, which are also considered by some as Chorus frogs, which they pretty much are, since they sing all night.

Even though I've never seen these specific frogs swim, would a portion of water-space be required?

I'm looking to set-up a spare 10gallon tank for them, but it's 10g long, so ground space is pretty inevitable, unless I flip in on it's side to achieve a tall tank.

Here in the wild, they're found mostly on the ground, though occasionally in a small bush or tree, but this doesn't say definitively where they're most comfortable. Should both attributes be taken into consideration?

They're very elusive, so I'm not exactly sure what they like/dis-like.

I currently have them in a maybe 1-2gallon tall container with soil from my grandmother's flower-garden[which is untreated with chemicals], Vines, some Pill Bugs[Armadillidium Vulgare] and a couple of baby roaches they've yet to eat and I mist them every other day[to avoid puddling].

They don't seem to climb that often, though I'm not sure wether or not it's from lack of height or they're just not interested in climbing. They don't seem Territorial, but have a habit of returning to the same spot repectively.

Wikipedia told me this;
    Its natural habitats are subtropical or tropical moist lowland forests, subtropical or tropical moist montane forests, subtropical or tropical moist shrubland, subtropical or tropical dry lowland grassland, arable land, pastureland, plantations , rural gardens, urban areas, and heavily degraded former forest.
    but I'd like to hear opinions from frog owners [i.e- which of these would be the best/easiest to upkeep/etc] .

[Sorry if I seem all crazy, it's just that there isn't much information, or solid information that I can find on these specific frogs, aside from the small wikipedia page on them]

Thanks for any help .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information