Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Quebec

Bibilibop

Talking Hello from Quebec

Hi!

First of all, you need to know that I'm not english. My firt language is french, so if my sentences are sometime stranges or if I do mistakes, I'm sorry. I can easilly understand, but writing is a bit harder!

I'm from Quebec, close to Montreal! I'm studying in Animal health and I'm really passionate by animals in general.
    I have my own pets, so i'm responsible of them and my parents won't do anything against them or against my passion.

I have :

1- Charli the siamese X abyssian cat. (M)
    2- Kira the leopard gecko (F)
    3- Arthur the hamster (M)
    4- Pika(F), Craby(M), Berny(F), Celebi(F) and Togepi(F), the hermit crabs!
    5-***'joe the goldfish ( ?) And his friends Itchy and Scratchy the albinos Ancistrus ( F)

I really like them and could do anything for them. I know it may look childish to give name to each of them, but it gives them personnality and they are more important to me this way!

I'll look around in the forum,to see if I could post pictures of my pets somewhere.

My future pets will be frogs, that's for sure! So that's why i'm here!

GLad to meet you and sorry for my mistakes ^^'

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Hello from Quebec

Hi Bibilibop,
    No explanation is needed.
    Your post is just fine !
    I am not a moderator. However, welcome to Frog Forum !
    Lynn
    Current Collection
    Dendrobates leucomelas - standard morph
    Dendrobates auratus “Costa Rican Green Black"
    Dendrobates auratus "Pena Blanca"
    Dendrobates tinctorius “New River”
    Dendrobates tinctorius "Green Sipaliwini"
    Dendrobates tinctorius “Powder Blue"
    Dendrobates tinctorius "French Guiana Dwarf Cobalt"

Phyllobates terribilis “Mint”
    Phyllobates terribilis "Orange"
    Phyllobates bicolor "Uraba"

Oophaga pumilio "Black Jeans"
    Oophaga pumilio "Isla Popa"
    Oophaga pumilio "Bastimentos"
    Oophaga pumilio “Mimbitimbi”
    Oophaga pumilio "Rio Colubre"
    Oophaga pumilio "Red Frog Beach”
    Oophaga pumilio "Rio Branco"
    Oophaga pumilio “Valle del Rey”
    Oophaga pumilio "BriBri"
    Oophaga pumilio "El Dorado"
    Oophaga pumilio "Cristobal"
    Oophaga pumilio "Rambala"

Oophaga “Vicentei” (blue)

Oophaga sylvatica "Paru"
    Oophaga sylvatica "Pata Blanca"
    Oophaga histrionica “Redhead”
    Oophaga histrionica "Blue"
    Oophaga lehmanni "Red"
    Oophaga histrionica "Tado"

Ranitomeya variabilis "Southern"
    Ranitomeya imitator "Varadero"
    Ranitomeya sirensis "Lower Ucayali"
    Ranitomeya vanzolinii

http://www.fernsfrogs.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ferns.frogs

Bibilibop

No explanation is needed? What does it mean? :P I was clear enough or is about something else?

Thanks ! Glad to meet you!

RAAV

happy to see another canada frog fan!!! i am from Vancouver WELCOME

Bibilibop

Hi!!
    Yeah there's not many canadians on the forum and I don't think there's a lot of people from quebec either! :P

Nationality
    [United States]

Welcome to the forum. What Lynn means is that you don't have to feel sorry for incorrect sentence structure(bad English writing) on here. No one will judge you. Quebec has a lot of French Canadians yes? That's actually the first thought that I had when I saw you were from there. Anyway if you are planning on getting frogs as your next pet you came to the right place to get the information you will need.

First you should deside what species of frog you want. There are several people here that can help you deside on the first frog for a beginner so ask around.

Second do a lot of research on that species and make sure you can meet the frogs needs with housing and food. Plus be able to fully maintain the environment. Always have everything you need before purchasing the frog. That way are fully prepared to care for him/her when you bring him/her home. There are several care article for many individual species on here so once you've picked the species you want look at that particular frogs care needs and fallow them to the letter.

Third take good care of the little guy/girl and provide proper food and supplementation.

And last but not least post lots of pictures because we love photos..

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Welcome to Frog Forum! No need to worry about mistakes, we are very friendly here. Frogs are wonderful creatures and make fine pets. The forum has a lot of information about them. The best place to start is to read the care sheets, that way you can find the frogs you like and you'll know how to care for them properly. Click here: Frog Forum - Care Articles
    Terry Gampper
    Nebraska Herpetological Society

“If we can discover the meaning in the trilling of a frog, perhaps we may understand why it is for us not merely noise but a song of poetry and emotion.”
    ---
    Adrian Forsyth

RAAV

Quote Originally Posted by Bibilibop View Post
    Hi!!
    Yeah there's not many canadians on the forum and I don't think there's a lot of people from quebec either! :P
    very true lol

Bibilibop

Thanks!

Terry, I already red every care sheet!

I also picked up my favorites frogs. I'm gonna ask questions about those species to see which is the best for me.

Frogs I like are:

White tree's frog.
    Bombina orientalis
    Pacaman frog.

I'll check for them :P

Poly

Bonjour, et bienvenue sur le forum!

Je suis du Nord de l'Ontario, le français n'est pas ma première langue, alors ce n'est pas grand, mais assez pour passer.

Pensez-vous que vous aurez quelques grenouilles terrestrail dans le futur?

~Royce

Bibilibop

Haa! Du francais! Chouette !^^

Je penses avoir des grenouilles, oui, mais terrestrail? Est ce une race ou voulais-tu dire : Terrestre?

Si oui, je compte regarder pour des terrestres, ou semi-aquatique oui! ^^

Poly

Je n'ai pas vraiment dire qu'à spécifier grenouilles terrestres, désolé!

Poly

Oui, par voie terrestre, je voulais dire grenouilles qui vivent sur terre.

Haha, oui, j'ai des grenouilles, tous les miens sont des grenouilles terrestres bien. Semi-aquatiques celles serait sympa! C'est ou la grenouille d'arbre! Désolé si je suis un peu difficile à comprendre, mon français est un peu rouillé!

Bibilibop

It's fine! ^^
    You're sweet for speaking to me in french!

I undesrtand english very well, writing my own text is harder lol.

I want a frog interressting to observe... That's the problem with tree frog, they are all noctural I think.

Poly

Ah, aussi, je dois vous dire, je sais que cette dame à Ottawa, et elle peut obtenir plus de 50 sortes différentes de grenouilles à des prix très bon. Expédition moyenne est d'environ 25 $. Laissez-moi savoir quand vous prévoyez d'obtenir une grenouille, et je vais vous la foward coordonnées.

Wait, you understand english better?? Sorry about that then! lol Well, if you would like a frog you can observe in the day time, a Fire Bellied Toad would be your best bet. They are easy to care for, and cheap to buy.

Nationality
    [Sweden]
    Blog Entries

I agree with Royce, Bombina orientalis would be a good choice. Plenty of dart frogs are also nice looking, dinural and quite bold, so that's something to consider as well.

Bibilibop

I was supposed to have bombina last years, but I had my gecko.

I'm sure that bombina would be perfect... But I don't have this "coup de coeur". It's a french expression, meaning to really like it the first time you see it, and it's your favorite.

Dart frog are nice and cute, but more fragile no? And they are way more expensive!!

White tree's frog are my favorites, they are big, look friendly and are not too expensive.
    But the are noctural and need a LOOOOT of plants so I don't know if I would be able to see them.

Pacman frogs were interessting because the were easy to find, perfect for begginer, don't need too much place...

Ah -_- I don't know what to do lol.

Poly

Quote Originally Posted by ViperJr View Post
    I agree with Royce, Bombina orientalis would be a good choice. Plenty of dart frogs are also nice looking, dinural and quite bold, so that's something to consider as well.
    BUT, darts arn't generally recommended for beginners, that's why I thought FBT's would be a good choice. It's hard enough getting crickets in Canada, nevermind fruit flies..... -.- lol

Bibilibop

We easilly have cricket here xD In every pet shop!

And I know exactly were too find Fruitfly. I can command some where I purchase my gecko's food.

Poly

Quote Originally Posted by Bibilibop View Post
    I was supposed to have bombina last years, but I had my gecko.

I'm sure that bombina would be perfect... But I don't have this "coup de coeur". It's a french expression, meaning to really like it the first time you see it, and it's your favorite.

Dart frog are nice and cute, but more fragile no? And they are way more expensive!!

White tree's frog are my favorites, they are big, look friendly and are not too expensive.
    But the are noctural and need a LOOOOT of plants so I don't know if I would be able to see them.

Pacman frogs were interessting because the were easy to find, perfect for begginer, don't need too much place...

Ah -_- I don't know what to do lol.
    Pacmans make an excellent starter frog, they are very easy to care for, and a simple enclosure consists of a water dish, coco-fibre substrate, low wattage heat pad and something for them to hide under. But Pacmans, unlike Fire Bellied Toads, are NOT active during the day. There among the laziest of the frogs!

And, as for darts, they need large enclosures, and most who keep them will tell you that they should be kept in groups.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information