Thread: Tank Size

Surrealasm

Default Tank Size

I've had two ceratophrys for a little over two months now. So far they've seemed happy, healthy, etc. They're both still pretty small, about 1 1/2" long. I'm keeping them in plastic critter containers that you see very frequently at pet stores. They're inexpensive and easy to clean.

My question is: Will I need to upgrade their habitats in the near future? All the care sheets I've read say that Pacman toads need a minimum of ten gallons, however that seems like overkill for such a small frog that hardly ever moves.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Tank Size

Quote Originally Posted by Surrealasm View Post
    I've had two ceratophrys for a little over two months now. So far they've seemed happy, healthy, etc. They're both still pretty small, about 1 1/2" long. I'm keeping them in plastic critter containers that you see very frequently at pet stores. They're inexpensive and easy to clean.

My question is: Will I need to upgrade their habitats in the near future? All the care sheets I've read say that Pacman toads need a minimum of ten gallons, however that
    seems like overkill for such a small frog that hardly ever moves.
    They can live their entire life in a 10 gallon tank. You could upgrade to a larger critter keeper then to the 10 gallon once he reaches a size that seems too large for the large critter keeper. Since the keepers are farely cheap and you feel the 10 is too large right now this may be your best way to go for now. If you want a glass tank for him just buy a 5 gallon then upgrade to a 10 when he out grows the five. They need ground space to burrow in so 10 provides plenty for an large juvinile and adult. Babies and young juvies can be fine in a 5.

Thread Information