Thread: Training Your Pacman To Do Tricks??Possible?

Owen

Default Training Your Pacman To Do Tricks??Possible?

I was wondering aside from admiring the way they eat,their big mouth,their unique colour and pattern....it is possible to teach them a few tricks as well?
    Cause i watch a few youtube videos.Some of the owner manage to get their pacman emmmm.barking like a dog or quacking like a duck?i guessing thats because they are irritated more than anything i guess?
    also i just watched one cool video.the owner pacman frog was literally playing Ant Killer with his iphone4..his tongue was hitting the bugs on the iphone screen..which i think its kind of cool.lol..aside from the screen getting sticky and all..XD
    So i am asking here,any of you guys frogs can do some unique tricks??XD...mine just eat n burrow most of the time ~~

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Training Your Pacman To Do Tricks??Possible?

Well.... pacmans are not a domesticated animal. They may develop conditioned behavior (usually with regards to feeding) but that is not training the way you would teach a dog tricks. For example, if you feed your frog at the same time every night it will become used to that schedule and know when it is feeding time. So it may unburrow and go looking for food. You can "train" your pac to eat from forcepts. You can acclimate it to your presence so it does not get stressed out. But if you expect your frog to sit, stay, or hop on prompt then you might be waiting a LONG time. Lol. That being said, pacmans display unique personalities and behaviors. I think that most of the "tricks" you will hear about are more the result of their personalities than of being trained. My frogs are very spoiled. They know my voice and will often turn towards me when I speak. If they are mad at me (say, for giving them a bath or after I change their substrate) they will deliberatly turn away from me and ignore me. Loki knows when dinner time is and if dinner is not on time he will climb up on his log and stare intensely out into the room until he receives food. Grif knows that she gets a worm after her soak-time and will sit there and wait for it. They show their personalities in every reaction. But I wouldn't really call them tricks. I think most owners would consider their frog trained if it doesn't bite their finger. Haha!

I would also note to be cautious watching videos online. This is a subject that pops up on the forum every month or so. There are some great, informative videos out there (some of them from forum members), but there are many, many more that show ignorant and negligent owners. Most of the pacman videos out there are either people feeding the frogs oversized rodents for enteratainment or poking/proding/agrivating them in order to get them to croak (also just for entertainment). This sort of treatment is highly frowned upon.

Poly

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    This sort of treatment is highly frowned upon.
    More like highly wrong and cruel!

Owen

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    I think most owners would consider their frog trained if it doesn't bite their finger. Haha!

but there are many, many more that show ignorant and negligent owners. Most of the pacman videos out there are either people feeding the frogs oversized rodents for enteratainment or poking/proding/agrivating them in order to get them to croak (also just for entertainment). This sort of treatment is highly frowned upon.
    lol then considered mine trained~..everytime when i use my finger to feed them cricket(holding both the back leg) he refuse to eat...then when i used tongs then only he eats.

yeah i know there are tons of terrible video out there.feeding oversized mice.some mice go in butt first.resulting in the mice bitting the poor pacman face.

btw..is it bad or cruel to do this? Letting my Pacman Play Ant Smasher on my iPhone? aside from tricking him in getting free flow of insect...will it hurt his tongue or anything?its just hitting a flat screen afterall.

Owen

o yea.also.how to tell between a Green pacman frog and a Green Fantasy Pacman Frog.it kinda look the same.aside from the size.(fantasy is bigger?)..is there a pattern on the back to tell the differents between the two..cause i was planning to up my collection by getting another Green Fantasy Pacman.but i cant seem to tell the differents between an oridinary Green and Green Fantasy.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    ... btw..is it bad or cruel to do this? Letting my Pacman Play Ant Smasher on my iPhone? aside from tricking him in getting free flow of insect...will it hurt his tongue or anything?its just hitting a flat screen afterall.
    Your Pacman is not "playing;" it's just exhibiting a feeding response. While you and others might find it amusing... the frog gets frustrated because it can't catch the "bugs."
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    o yea.also.how to tell between a Green pacman frog and a Green Fantasy Pacman Frog.it kinda look the same.aside from the size.(fantasy is bigger?)..is there a pattern on the back to tell the differents between the two..cause i was planning to up my collection by getting another Green Fantasy Pacman.but i cant seem to tell the differents between an oridinary Green and Green Fantasy.
    You are referring to the Green Cranwelli (C. cranwelli also called the Chacoan Horned Frog) and Green Fantasy frogs. Fantasy Frogs, are infertile hybrids of C. cranwelli and C. cornuta (Surinam Horned Frog). They have pointier horns than C. cranwelli and their hipbones are more distinct. Green Cranwellis don't completely maintain their green color into adulthood. They can be a mix of green, tan, and brown. Fantasy frogs' color may also fade with maturity. The pattern on a fantasy frog's back has connected spots (from the C. cornuta), whereas the C. cranwelli has distinct, seperated spots. Fantasy frogs are harder to come by and cost more because they are a hybrid.

Thread Information