Thread: Frog Terarrium Project - Advice on Dividers?

Zehla

Default Frog Terarrium Project - Advice on Dividers?

In order to save space in my apartment and to have an excuse to finally do something really gorgeous for my pac man frogs, I took advantage of Petco's $1 per gallon sale and grabbed myself a 40 breeder. I plan to divide it into three quadrants, one for each of my frogs, which is more than enough room for them as they barely move in their tanks as it is haha.

I originally wanted to get some plexiglass cut but Home Depot apparently doesn't sell it. My plan is to affix the dividers right into the tank with silicon to prevent any bulldozing and unfortunate deaths. Is there an aquarium divider that already exists that's capable of withstanding a persistent pac man frog? They've gotten into eachother's side before, which is why I immediately separated them, so I want absolutely no chance of any mishaps - I know it sounds silly, but I'm quite attached to my frogs, and I'd be extremely upset if anything were to happen to them.

I would be all right with building a natural barrier out of impossible to climb shalestone, but when they can see eachother, my male sings to my female, which I'm quite fond of and miss a bit actually. Their safety comes before my nostalgic night time croaking of course. The third space will be for an adorable baby pacman that Petco just got in, if he's still there by the time I'm finished...so I definitely want security; my female would probably kill herself in the process of eating my male, but that little baby is a bite-sized snack for both of them.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Frog Terarrium Project - Advice on Dividers?

Lowes carried Plexi and if you take the measurements with you they will cut it to your specs.
    Your going to want it close to snug for fit then just silicone it them into place.

Use something pretty thick and not the thin stiff since the thinner the more it will flex.

If no Lowes, check a local auto glass place and see what they would charge. If you take the tank, they will probably measure and fit for you.

Thread Information