Thread: Frog not coming out at night unless I dig him out

Ribbits

Default Frog not coming out at night unless I dig him out

I know someone had a thread similar to this recently, but my situation is slightly different. He usually buries during the day and comes out at night like clockwork. For the last week or so he has not been coming out. The temp and humidity are monitored very closely, 83ish during the day and 79ish at night with humidity around 70%. Coco fiber is kept moist. He is a few years old and about 4 inches across. So on day three I got concerned and dug him up. He seemed fine so I offered him food and he ate three nightcrawlers, which is his norm. Again, three days past and I had not seen him. I dug him up again and he ate like normal. Any thoughts?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Frog not coming out at night unless I dig him out

Quote Originally Posted by Ribbits View Post
    I know someone had a thread similar to this recently, but my situation is slightly different. He usually buries during the day and comes out at night like clockwork. For the last week or so he has not been coming out. The temp and humidity are monitored very closely, 83ish during the day and 79ish at night with humidity around 70%. Coco fiber is kept moist. He is a few years old and about 4 inches across. So on day three I got concerned and dug him up. He seemed fine so I offered him food and he ate three nightcrawlers, which is his norm. Again, three days past and I had not seen him. I dug him up again and he ate like normal. Any thoughts?
    Is your substrate farely moist? Sometimes if the upper substrate is dryer than they like they will bury further down. Also could have to do with their internal seasonal clock. Try and get your daytime temp up to 85 and leave it there for 2 or 3 hours keeping the humidity up to 80% and see if this sparks a change. Since it is winter they can sence this and sometimes behavior will change. Your night temp is pretty good maybe see if you can get it down a degree or 2 with humidity levels remaining at 80%. Keep us posted.

Thread Information