Thread: Got a new whites :)

Frawg

Default Got a new whites :)

I got a new whites today! My friend breeds snakes & gets good wholesale prices so I asked if he'd check out the frogs for me. He called me saying they had a whites tree frog & I expected it to be a baby.. well he's no baby. & tmrw I still have to return my lil guy that died so I will have two whites soon. Good thing I have extra tanks on hand at all times

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Frawg

Default Re: Got a new whites :)

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Congratulations Frawg, Very cute. I love Whites tree frogs

Kristen

Congrats! His really cute, thought of a name yet?

Frawg

No name yet. Hard to think of names for frogs. If he was a baby I probably woulda named him Skittle. It just doesn't fit when I look at him.

Frawg

Here's my new baby I got in exchange today for the one that died. He's not as blue but I didn't want to bother him in his new tank. Bought a nano terrarium just for him today for now while he's tiny.

Frawg

So... My big guy died. I think everything I did was okay though. Heat was about 78-75 & cooled at night. Humidity was around 70 unless I sprayed & I spray almost three times a day. He had eco earth as a substrate. Some drift wood and a lil moss in a corner. He was constantly brown though. Dark chocolate brown. I thought it was just his color... Now that he's dead he's green... He soaked in his water bowl a lot. Did I do something again? I don't know how he died & I can kept a more fragile red eye alive. My lil baby whites is doing great though. He even croaked this noting when I showed him a cricket. I think I scared him.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Sorry to hear about your big little guy. :-( It is so easy to get attached to them so quick!

I am not sure if you handeled him a lot or not after you got him, but I have found that the transition is a lot more comfortable for the frog (in my experience) if you refrain from holding them till they have adjusted. The thing is you never know what they went through to get to you! When I recieved my Whites I put them in their enclosure and refrained from touching or holding them for about 3 weeks. The reason I did this was they both came in brown. Although I know some Whites are brown in color naturally it is also a color of stress! So I let them adjust to make sure that they were in fact brown. After 3 week I had one that was a nice olive color and the other was a nice light blue! Just better to be safe then sorry. 3 weeks may have been excessive but it is a short time in my opinion to ensure their health.

This was the one thing that came to mind! I may be way off base as I have only had experience with 3 Whites, which one I lost immediatly that I blame myself for possibly over doing it with contact when I first got him!

Frawg

The only time I held him was putting him onto his tank & when I changed the paper towel to eco earth. & your right I don't know what happened before he got to me. I really don't even know where he came from. Im just happy I have my baby whites eating now. He's bright green & happy (i think). He ate about 10 or more pin heads... I didn't know how small pin heads were till I started breeding crickets. The only size up from them is adults that i have right now so atleast he ate!

Thread Information