Hi guys. One of my fowler toads was acting abnormally today and it got me concerned. I am only home on the weekends from school so i was not able to see how my toad was doing during the week. However when i am home i usually take both my toads out and put them in the sink, fill it with warm water, and let them swim around for a couple of minutes to help them poop (sort of like walking a dog if you will) and get some exercise. Today i took him out and put him in the water and he looked like he was ready to drown..

I have attached a link to a video of the toad. It had it's legs almost fully extended even as it was trying to move. It crawled rather than hopped, it's feet were not properly planted on the ground, and it would spaz or tremble as it made a slow movement. at some points when it did try to jump, it would end up being flipped over and it would slowly twist itself upright (could not capture this on the video). I say slowly having seen it been flipped over and reverting itself faster than today. It kept squeezing in its belly as if it were trying to force out some excrement but nothing came out which made me believe it is constipated. In the video you will see some of its movements as well as my smaller fowler toad that acts normally for comparison. The larger one is the more aggressive one, I always hear it banging into the walls of its "tank" when it's not burrowed in the substrate. There is a short segment that shows my simple "tank" setup. I use "Zilla Jungle Mix" and on the bag it includes "ideal for toads" although google does not mention it. I do not know when the last time it defecated was, but 6 days ago there were maybe 6 or 7 crickets and now there are 4.

Please take a look and let me know what the possible condition(s) may be. As of posting this thread, he seems to be acting normally again, jumping when prodded and retracting hind legs. I don't see any defecation anywhere but i may have missed it hiding in/under the substrate.

thank you in advance for reading and helping!

2011-12-10_22-34-26_865.mp4 video by jonpwn - Photobucket