Thread: magnificent tree frog questions

Default magnificent tree frog questions

1. Where can I buy one?
    2. Can they be housed with australian whites (I am under the impression that they are similar species)

Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Shanny

I've gotten all 4 of mine at local reptile shops. But I have heard great things about joshsfrogs.com
    As a general rule, you really should not mix any species of frogs. Only time ppl have done it is if there enclosure if quite large. Plus I believe the whites get bigger than red eyes

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=44.926654,-93.081282

Nationality
    [Sweden]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: magnificent tree frog questions

Quote Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
    I've gotten all 4 of mine at local reptile shops. But I have heard great things about joshsfrogs.com
    As a general rule, you really should not mix any species of frogs. Only time ppl have done it is if there enclosure if quite large. Plus I believe the whites get bigger than red eyes

---
    I am here: Google Maps
    I agree, you should not mix the splendid tree frog with white's. They are the same genus, so they are very much related, but they are two different species.
    However, I'm curious where Shanny got red eyes from

Shanny

I got my two adult red eyes from this place in st. Paul, Minnesota called Twin Cities Reptiles... Great place! They take very good care of all there animals and have a wide variety of reptiles and amphibians and any supplies you need, I get all my feeders from there as well.
    My two baby red eyes, I just stumbled upon at this pet store, that usually I like but it's too far away from where I live; called Forest Lake Pets in forest lake, Minnesota. They are know for there huge aquatic supply, and until this past nov 7th when I went in looking for a water pump, I was surprised to see that they now sold amphibians and reptiles and supplies. Long story short, I saved the 2 baby's from a certain death due to there tank conditions lacking humidity, all they had was heat.. A dry heat, not good.
    I was actually going to do an update on my babies today because the one is getting quite big as the other seems to be growing slower.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=44.926857,-93.081071

I got my two adult red eyes from this place in st. Paul, Minnesota called Twin Cities Reptiles... Great place! They take very good care of all there animals and have a wide variety of reptiles and amphibians and any supplies you need, I get all my feeders from there as well.
    My two baby red eyes, I just stumbled upon at this pet store, that usually I like but it's too far away from where I live; called Forest Lake Pets in forest lake, Minnesota. They are know for there huge aquatic supply, and until this past nov 7th when I went in looking for a water pump, I was surprised to see that they now sold amphibians and reptiles and supplies. Long story short, I saved the 2 baby's from a certain death due to there tank conditions lacking humidity, all they had was heat.. A dry heat, not good.
    I was actually going to do an update on my babies today because the one is getting quite big as the other seems to be growing slower.

---
    Thanks to everyone for the information. I have been searching for the magnificent tree frog for a while. I have 4 red eyes already, but thank for you for the info. So no one knows where to find a magnificent tree frog??

Nationality
    [Sweden]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

---
    Oh, you really missed my point there... I meant, where did you get the "Plus I believe the whites get bigger than red eyes"-from, since he asked if Slepndids can be housed with White's, and did not mention Red eyes at all

Just found out magnificent tree frogs have huge poison glands on their head. So housing them with whites is out of the questions. Thanks everyone. I'll find another frog.

Shanny

Oops haha

Thread Information