Thread: 40 gallon paludarium

Kristen

Default 40 gallon paludarium

Hi, I recently got a 40 gallon tank for free (yay!) off my mums friend and I'm gonna be building a paludarium in it (i think, I havent quite decided what to do with it yet, or where im going with it. But I am probably gonna just have something like this
    Name:  aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
Views: 4068
Size:  20.8 KB
    but with more land and less water.
    I have already started making a water feature/fall (its not the main waterfall, just a feature for the corner ) for it which is just great stuff covered in pond sealer. (ill put pictures up when i find my camera).
    any ideas/suggestions?/
    thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Bulgaria]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: 40 gallon paludarium

Where you want the small waterfall and the main one, some other decorations that you have planned? Give us a clear view so we can help you improving your idea. Paint sketch would be enough
    1.0 Hyla cinerea1.0.1 Leptopelis vermiculatus

Kristen

I'm gonna have the small water feature in the back left corner, and the main waterfall on the right side, I'll make one nowm but it might be a bit dodgy cause I havn't slept yet and its five in the morning, haha. Ill post it when I'm done

Kristen

Here is the picture, just imagine lots of plants and a cork bark or great stuff background (not sure on what one yet)
    Name:  aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
Views: 1533
Size:  26.1 KB

Nationality
    [Bulgaria]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I'd definitely put a driftwood in this. Probably sticked to the background behind the land area and moving towards the pond area. Also you must have in mind to chose the wood with the proper size, because you dont want it to make your waterfall and feature look like a water hole after rain This will add more depth to the tank.

Also about the background i'd do a place where i can put plants on higher level, just like in the palu from the picture you linked.
    1.0 Hyla cinerea1.0.1 Leptopelis vermiculatus

Kristen

Yeah I will probably have some driftwood on the background and another piece somewhere (not sure where yet),
    I do have some spare driftwood from my other tank that I could use for this tank, but its a really awkward shape, so I'm not sure where I would put it.

Kristen

and for the background i will do great stuff and make little pots out of it to stick some plants in i think.

Kristen

I just went to my local hardware store and couldn't find any eggcrate so I got these things instead for $4.00 each

and some expanding foam for $11:

And I got some mulch which I think will be okay because its organic, and has a picture of a frog on the package, haha it was $6:

I got 15kg of river pebbles for $10:

and some mesh for the drainage, which im to lazy to take a picture of because its to big, lol (it was $5 a metre, and I got 2.5 metres)
    and I did the little waterfall which I just sprayed a clump of expanding foam and carved it into a shape I like, and poked a hole through it to stick a pipe in, and after that I covered it in pond sealer, $26 :

and then in paint $4 each:

I can't do anymore on the actuall tank untill I get some glass cut for a divider, and get it siliconed in. and also sorry the pictures are really bad, I had to use my really really bad camera because my mum lost the good one, so hopefully ill find it soon, lol.
    any tips/critisism welcome thanks

Thread Information