Thread: What I can feed my Pacman?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    JessySihk

Default What I can feed my Pacman?

My name is Jess and Im new to the forum, though I am also joined to Pacific Northwest Herpetelogical Society forum and Bearded dragons.org forums. I am not new to reptiles how ever I am new to owning a Red Albino Pacman frog.
    I was wondering some thing, maybe some of you more seasoned Pacman owners can help me out?

~I know i can feed my pacman Shrimp, can it be raw or cooked? Can it be either? Or is one better to feed then the other?
    ~He is only a baby and as big as a quarter, I have him housed in a 10 gallon with decorative red rocks on a quarter are of the tank, and the rest is kept moist paper towel. I use to have spagnum moss there but figured he could ingest that and switched. He also has a water bowl big enough for him to sit in on his heated side. I will put pictures below of his setup but note the pictures were taken when i was using spagnum moss, Is there anything else i should know?

I hand painted the backround myself

Kurt

Default Re: What I can feed my Pacman?

I wouldn't keep a pac-man (or any other frog for that matter) on gravel. It can be accidentally swallowed and can lead to gastric impaction, a condition that can lead to death.

Are you a member of the Pacific Northwest Herpetelogical Society? And if so do you know a Sarah Hodges (or Staples)?

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Cooked shrimp (the kind you buy frozen in the super market) is just fine but I don't recommend it as a staple food simply because it's not something they would eat very often in the wild, plus the shrimp sold in super markets is marine shrimp, something these frogs would never come into contact with in the wild. I highly recommend nightcrawlers as a staple for large sedentary frogs like Pacman frogs and Pyxie frogs. An occasional frozen mouse is fine too (but again, shouldn't be the staple).

JessySihk

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Cooked shrimp (the kind you buy frozen in the super market) is just fine but I don't recommend it as a staple food simply because it's not something they would eat very often in the wild, plus the shrimp sold in super markets is marine shrimp, something these frogs would never come into contact with in the wild. I highly recommend nightcrawlers as a staple for large sedentary frogs like Pacman frogs and Pyxie frogs. An occasional frozen mouse is fine too (but again, shouldn't be the staple).
    Well i would be doing crickets as a staple but my beardies eat a ton of them as it is. What are night crawlers? And thanx for the info on the mini shrimps.

Nationality
    [Ireland]

Quote Originally Posted by JessySihk View Post
    Well i would be doing crickets as a staple but my beardies eat a ton of them as it is. What are night crawlers? And thanx for the info on the mini shrimps.
    I'm not a big fan of crickets because you need to gutload them for them to be of any value. Nightcrawlers are the large earthworms sold as catfish bait. Not the red-ringed smaller species that are sold as compost earthworms.

JessySihk

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I'm not a big fan of crickets because you need to gutload them for them to be of any value. Nightcrawlers are the large earthworms sold as catfish bait. Not the red-ringed smaller species that are sold as compost earthworms.
    I have Dubia roaches all sizes =] I bet those would be good too.

JessySihk

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    I wouldn't keep a pac-man (or any other frog for that matter) on gravel. It can be accidentally swallowed and can lead to gastric impaction, a condition that can lead to death.

Are you a member of the Pacific Northwest Herpetelogical Society? And if so do you know a Sarah Hodges (or Staples)?
    Yes im a member and no i dont know that person. i am already aware of the gravel thing and thats why only a small portion of his tank has gravel in it, He alsmot never goes over there so im not worried about it, He would rather be on the moist paper towels hidin in his dish or something so the rocks or more for looks.

Kurt

[quote=JessySihk;467]Yes im a member and no i dont know that person.[quote]

She was an old friend of mine that I have lost contact with. She went by the handle of Fr0glet. There are two pics of her on the PNHS web site. She is wearing a blue shirt with a gecko on it. I guess she has moved on.

JessySihk

[QUOTE=Kurt;472][quote=JessySihk;467]Yes im a member and no i dont know that person.

She was an old friend of mine that I have lost contact with. She went by the handle of Fr0glet. There are two pics of her on the PNHS web site. She is wearing a blue shirt with a gecko on it. I guess she has moved on.
    Im sorry i dont know her =/

Kurt

[quote=JessySihk;474][quote=Kurt;472]
    Quote Originally Posted by JessySihk View Post
    Yes im a member and no i dont know that person.

Im sorry i dont know her =/
    Its ok. Thanks anyway.

[QUOTE=Kurt;472][quote=JessySihk;467]Yes im a member and no i dont know that person.

You're the guy going by Dendroaspis Polylepis at the time?

Nationality
    [United States]

That's normal
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Thread Information