Thread: My little Rupert :)

demeteraurion

Default My little Rupert :)

I've been not very active on the forums much, more of a lurker now. But I'd like to provide an update on my frog Rupert. He is well and has gained a lot of weight I think. He still isn't eating on his own from what I know, I haven't gotten crickets in a while. I have right now waxworms which I know are fatty but I only feed him one every few days and they are soft. He is well though. I bought him half log hide and he loved it. As soon as I put it i his tank he hid under it! But it began to get mold growing on it so I'm not sure if I should return it or try to fix it. Any ideas? Last night was a bit chilly and he moved up next to the heat pad I may post some pictures later, I'd like to bathe him and feed him.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: My little Rupert :)

Quote Originally Posted by demeteraurion View Post
    I've been not very active on the forums much, more of a lurker now. But I'd like to provide an update on my frog Rupert. He is well and has gained a lot of weight I think. He still isn't eating on his own from what I know, I haven't gotten crickets in a while. I have right now waxworms which I know are fatty but I only feed him one every few days and they are soft. He is well though. I bought him half log hide and he loved it. As soon as I put it i his tank he hid under it! But it began to get mold growing on it so I'm not sure if I should return it or try to fix it. Any ideas? Last night was a bit chilly and he moved up next to the heat pad I may post some pictures later, I'd like to bathe him and feed him.
    I'm so glad that Rupert is well. I have been worried since you haven't been on here much anymore. He has groen you say? I would definetly like to see some photos of him. I like that he enjoys his hide. Is the mold white? If so I don't believe its bad mold as long as it doesn't get out of control. I get that type on the driftwood I have. I just whipe it off reall well with a paper towel and return it to the enclosure. It grows back within a couple hours if you don't wipe it off really well. Looking forward to seeing pics.

Sublime

Default Re: My little Rupert :)

So you're only feeding him waxworms as of now in his diet? That's not good even though you only feed him one every couple of days. Sorry if I misunderstood, maybe you can clarify.

The log hide; take it out and rinse down with soap and water, let it dry out, put it back in. It could be harboring mold in moist-wet conditions if the log is soaked. Try to keep it dry for the most part.

At least you got him eating, just try to keep him on a healthy diet. Thanks for updating.

Thread Information