Thread: New to the forum, and my pacman! :)

Maxwell

Default New to the forum, and my pacman! :)

This is my pacman Fidelio I got him around the end of September and this is his enclosure
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: New to the forum, and my pacman! :)

Nice Cranwelli you have there. I really like the color. The setup looks good.

Maxwell

Thanks! I keep trying to make it look the greatest for him. Haha

Nationality
    [United States]

If you have care questions don't hesitate to ask. Also be sure to check out the Pacman care article within the care articles.

Maxwell

Will do, I've been exploring and checking out everything, thanks!

Sublime

Nice cranwelli and setup man. Did you buy that thermo/hygro at Walmart?

Maxwell

Yes I did haha, my local pet store only had thermometers, kind of made me angry, so I went and bought that at wal-mart and a few suction cups. He likes to hide under tha fake plant and burrow haha

IvoryReptiles

Nice frog! Love the name too! Welcome to the forum, keep us posted on his progress!

Maxwell

Thanks! I like odd names like that, I had almost gotten an iguana during the summer but decided not, I was going to name it Freidrich.

BG

Maxwell you haver an awesome looking chacoan.He has a kool name like everybody said.lol Let us know how big he's getting. Lets see some pics.lol

Maxwell

Thanks, I was a actually I found him on craigslist, for one I pretty much saved him from his insane conditions(bugs growing in dirt, fertilizers, dry as a bone, and the water bowl filled with more dry dirt) I bought him for 15 dollars with the tank, scratched some paint that was on the tank for who knows why, cleaned it up and made it look great. It was ridiculous, the guy said he was getting rid of it because he was tired of his kids messing with it. I'll keep you posted! He doesn't seem bigger yet but I recently bought fluker's gut load food for crickets and I'm going to try feeding him them tomorrow lol

Maxwell

Here's the dirt that was in there, the fertilizer, you can't see it from the pic, were little green bulbs, there were a ton of them. And the tank smelt like cigarettes >.< I pretty much took it home and got the tank wet really fast and sat a heater next to the tank then the next day I spent the day getting the tank clean and adding good dirt. I think this guy got it from his landscaping.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nationality
    [United States]

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! SERIOUSLY! FERTILIZER!!! that just makes me so mad. I HATE people like that. I probably would have punched him right in the face. I'm soooo glad you purchased the little Guy/girl.

Maxwell

Me too. It was a deal and a rescue, I was hating standing in the doorway with the stench and everything about to buy it, worst atmosphere ever. The guy was living with his mom, had kids, a jeep in the driveway missing a wheel, and cigarettes and shoes outside the door. It was ridiculous, I was happy when I got him but looking at the cage made me want to 1. Barf from the smell 2. Clean it up insanely, which I did. Now he's a happy little PAC burrowed under his plant right now

BG

The owner sounds like a drug addict.

Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    Here's the dirt that was in there, the fertilizer, you can't see it from the pic, were little green bulbs, there were a ton of them. And the tank smelt like cigarettes >.< I pretty much took it home and got the tank wet really fast and sat a heater next to the tank then the next day I spent the day getting the tank clean and adding good dirt. I think this guy got it from his landscaping.
    Wow, what an ignorant person. Smoke, fertilizer, poor living conditions; how did this pacman survive? Thank you for saving him.

@Grif Haha I would love to see that - feel the same way as you though.

Nationality
    [United States]

Welcome Maxwell! Great pac you got there! There are lots of rescue stories here, but yours is truly a rescue! So glad you saved him!!!
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Maxwell

Not sure, glad he did though, I think he might had had red leg. It had seemed to get worse but it had scabbed up, then they fell off(the places on his legs)

artes

I'm so glad you saved the little guy! He probably thinks he's in heaven now. He's adorable, and keep us posted on his progress! Now that he's away from the fertilizer, he will probably be able to get it out of his system (poop and stuff).

Sprout

Ugh, can't believe someone would treat a frog like that
    So glad he has a great looking tank now! Welcome to the forum.

Thread Information