Thread: Calcium Cricket Quencher

Ostyn

Default Calcium Cricket Quencher

Hey guys, I dont know if this is a stupid question, but I think my frog had something happen to his leg when I got him from the petstore (They were going to throw him away because they had him for a year without anyone buying him, like.. wtf?)

But do you know if feeding him that fluvall cricket quencher would be bad? Ive been putting it on a rubber spoon and he eats it off, and i figured hed be eating it if the crickets were too, but just in case does feeding it to him cause him harm? Its basically that gel stuff thats like 98% water, but fortified with calcium and other vitamins.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Calcium Cricket Quencher

Quote Originally Posted by Ostyn View Post
    Hey guys, I dont know if this is a stupid question, but I think my frog had something happen to his leg when I got him from the petstore (They were going to throw him away because they had him for a year without anyone buying him, like.. Whites Tree Frog?)

But do you know if feeding him that fluvall cricket quencher would be bad? Ive been putting it on a rubber spoon and he eats it off, and i figured hed be eating it if the crickets were too, but just in case does feeding it to him cause him harm? Its basically that gel stuff thats like 98% water, but fortified with calcium and other vitamins.
    I would guess it would be fine. It is better than him not eating at all. He is still going to need the crickets though since they contain the ruff-age for him to digest and pass waste normally.
    1.0.0 Red Eyed Leaf/ Frog - Agalychnis callidryas
    1.1.1 Bumblebee Dart Frog - Dendrobates leucomelas
    1.1.0 Dendrobates truncatus - Yellow Striped
    1.1.1 Dendrobates tinctorius – Bakhuis Mountain
    1.1.0 - Dendrobates tinctorius - Powder Blue
    1.1.0 - Ranitomeya vanzolinii

Ostyn

I like how I put W T F and it comes up as Whites Tree Frog.. haha

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Honestly I wouldn't feed my frog anything that has been made food for another animal, bit if it isn't harming him I guess it's ok for a short term period. I would still feed him crickets though, as Don said, they will fill his belly and provide ruff-age whereas the Cricket Quencher is a supplement that is basically just water with vitamins. It's ok if the frog doesn't seem interested in crickets when you first bring them home, all frogs go through an adjustment period where they are scared and not quite sure if you're a predator or a friend, so they will sometimes shut down and not eat, or sleep for days. It's totally normal for the first few weeks.

Is the reason you're not feeding him crickets because of his leg injury? There are remedies to that situation.
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea
    --------------------------------------
    "The gallows are no place for the stubborn//Just you and your lover as a dark souvenir" - Bad Books, Pytor

Thread Information