Thread: Help me decide

Jackson

Exclamation Help me decide

i am about to get a new frog. i can't decide between a blue or white's dumpy tree frog or a chubby frog. i would like one that will not freak out 24/7 and let me hold him if possible. if i get a dumpy would a blue or white's be more suitable?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Sweden]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I do not know anything about chubby frogs. However, it feels like a explanation on the dumpy is in order.
    Dumpy tree frog or White's tree frog, are the species Litoria caerulea. They are namned as "White's" because of the biologist that discovered them, not because of the colour. There are blue phased White's, but since they are the same species, they have the exactly same requierments and such. So, a blue phased or not just depends on what you think looks better.

White's are somewhat tolerant to handling, but I strongly suggest you don't handle it at all. There is nothing good about it and can create several bad things for the frogs.

I hope you find something that suits you!

Jackson

Default Re: help me decide

well thanks......another option for me would be a pacman frog....it would be a great deal harder to get one though

Jackson

Default Re: help me decide

actually nvm the pacman only lives 5 years....probably gonna go with the dumpy.... thanks dude!!!!

Nationality
    [Sweden]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Just remember that White's can live for a long time, about 15 years or so. Be sure you want to take care of a frog-friend for so long

Frogfreak812

Default Re: Help me decide

I have a Blue Dumpy and it's quite easy to take care of. I prefer Blue's over White's but martin's right. Whatever you want.

c0urt maRie

I have a whites tree frog and I absolutely love him! He is very tame and doesn't freak! His name is yoshi and you can even make them croak to.sounds!

JHansson514

I have White's and they're great! I know lots of people say not to handle them since it causes stress, but my two frogs definitely have different opinions on that. My male does not like to be handled and the neighborhood will hear about it if I try. My female on the other hand, jumps on me any time I have an arm in the tank and it is very difficult to get her to let go and go back in the tank. She is also notorious for sleeping on my laptop on the warm spot.

Quote Originally Posted by c0urt maRie View Post
    I have a whites tree frog and I absolutely love him! He is very tame and doesn't freak! His name is yoshi and you can even make them croak to.sounds!
    I love it when random noises make them sing. The dog barking, blowing my nose, the hair drier, 3:30am. Occasionally the male even gets the female to sing. :0)

Thread Information