Thread: How much food?

filardimarg2

Default How much food?

It is getting nearer to the time i will be getting my Pacman frog & wanted to know how often you feed them, daily or alternate days, also how many feeder's do i give him a day??
    I will be feeding locusts, earth worms, meal worms, butter worms, but hopfully not crickets, i hate them but will on the odd time if i have to. He will be this years hatchling but don't know exactly when.

Marg.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sublime

Default Re: How much food?

When pacmans are babies they should be fed everyday. After they reach juvenile stage (2.5 - 3 inches svl), you should be feeding alternate days (every 2-3 days). Instead of counting how many feeders they can consume, feed them consecutively for 15 minutes as much as they can eat the days you are feeding them.

The locusts and earthworms can be fed as a staple, but the mealworms and butterworms should only be fed for a variety occasionally. If you choose to buy crickets those can be fed as a staple as well alternating with locusts if you choose.

Babies should get plenty of calcium with d3 supplements on their meals, for their growing bones and health. A multivitamin once a week and then the calcium with d3 should be supplemented almost every day on his meals.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    When pacmans are babies they should be fed everyday. After they reach juvenile stage (2.5 - 3 inches svl), you should be feeding alternate days (every 2-3 days). Instead of counting how many feeders they can consume, feed them consecutively for 15 minutes as much as they can eat the days you are feeding them.

The locusts and earthworms can be fed as a staple, but the mealworms and butterworms should only be fed for a variety occasionally. If you choose to buy crickets those can be fed as a staple as well alternating with locusts if you choose.

Babies should get plenty of calcium with d3 supplements on their meals, for their growing bones and health. A multivitamin once a week and then the calcium with d3 should be supplemented almost every day on his meals.
    I agree with Mark. The only difference is that even juviniles can be fed daily as they will stop when they are full. During any growth spurt you shou feed your frog daily and definetly as mark said give plenty of calcium with D3 as it not only helps with bone growth and dencity but also with bodily functions and skin development and regulates how the obsorb water through their skin. You should also buy a multivitamin and dust your frogs food with it once a week.

filardimarg2

Thank you so much for this info, much appreciated !!
    So is nutrobol ok as a multivit & lime stone flour as calcium, has it got D3?? Or should i get Reptivite, is that better??
    Once again, many thanks.

Marg.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by filardimarg2 View Post
    Thank you so much for this info, much appreciated !!
    So is nutrobol ok as a multivit & lime stone flour as calcium, has it got D3?? Or should i get Reptivite, is that better??
    Once again, many thanks.

Marg.
    I would go with the Reptivite. I've never heard of these other types of supplements you mentioned and am not sure if they are ok for Amphibians. Flukers makes a good calcium dust with D3. I would go with supplements that are more common. I don't really know about those 2.

Thread Information