Thread: Tank Photos

Sidius

Default Tank Photos

Finally toward the end of unpacking and found my camera so I thought I'd post some photos, the setup is a 55gallon tank, and before anyone says anything I know its overkill for a pacman, but viewing him at night he/she does seem to enjoy the room, plus I already had the tank vs. buying another one.

Thought I'd throw in a photo of my Pac's dinner Menu.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Poly

Default Re: Tank Photos

Wow, great tank! That is one lucky pacman! Love the dual water bowls!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

It is a bit overkill but hey why not. If your Pac loves the extra room no harm done and it looks great. Nicely out together. Great setup. How large is your Pac?

Sublime

Damn a 55 gallon for a pacman, lol. Nice setup; if he seems active, I'm sure he loves the extra room. Although it could be daunting for a new frog set in there, if he's already acclimated then he's fine.

The feeder fish, are those comet goldfish? I would stay away from those - not a lot of nutritional value, parasites, developed kidney/liver problems.

Sidius

He is quite acclimated to the tank.. pretty much stayed one in spot the first couple nights, but hes pretty much in a different spot every morning when I turn the lights on, and I've seen him bathing/'out and about' at night. Just over 3inches from front to back, hes put on a little weight since I first got him. Most of the tank setup came from people here, which I give my thanks, I like the eco earth a lot better than the moss I had in there. As far as the feeder fish, I've been keeping plecos and predatory fish for almost 8 years and I take precautions with feeder fish plus they are dusted before fed and not every night. His main diet is night crawlers, crickets and fish, I haven't decided whether or not to add pinkies to his diet or not.....I haven't yet.

Edit - Guess I should clarify, not all those feeders are the pac's, toward the upper left hand corner of the tank.. the two larger gold colored fish are a type of molly, theres 5 in there and those are the pac's food, the rest my wife gives to her Piranha.

Nationality
    [United States]

Wow! That is the largest Pacman Frog setup I have ever seen ! I am sure that he/she's glad to have you as an owner!

BG

Belive it or not. Some of these guys move arround.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    It is a bit overkill but hey why not. If your Pac loves the extra room no harm done and it looks great. Nicely out together. Great setup. How large is your Pac?

Sublime

Grif your baby needs something like this, lol. What's his name again, the treepac one? He would use all this room given to him.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Belive it or not. Some of these guys move arround.
    Believe me I know. Grif likes to move around occationaly and the little baby I have really likes to as you've seen. I think the larger setups like this one would be great for live plants. That's what id like to do. Plants are a pain though. They need special lighting and the lights are usually too bright for Pacs.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    Grif your baby needs something like this, lol. What's his name again, the treepac one? He would use all this room given to him.
    Lol! Yes this is true. This little guy/girl is really active. Id have to put a lot of drift wood and plants for him/her to climb on. Really micheivious little Pac. Not very skiddish either. I've already got the little guy/girl eating from forcepts. Still gets up and stares at me when it wants fed too. Sometimes he/she gets up 2 hours early and demands to be fed. Lol! I love it.

Sidius

The tank he was in at petco (only store around me that carried them besides Petsmart) was very small, dry and had a very tiny water dish which he probably couldn't fit in and less than an inch of substrate. They said they got him when he was a baby so I don't think they ever added a bigger dish or more substrate the larger he got. I had tossed around the idea of putting a tank divider in it and getting something for the other half, but after viewing him at night, I'm not going too... he likes the room. Was going to take a photo of him last night in his water dish but didn't want to stress him or anything with the camera flash being it was dark. Will probably be adding another small heating pad to the left side of the tank (not under) since I can't seem to get the temp over 72-75F and I would like a few degrees higher. The pad under the tank now is for a 30-40gallon tank and only covers the right side of the tank, figured if it gets to warm he can move to the other side which doesn't have a pad under it, and he never sits directly over it anyways. I am really enjoying keeping him though, and enjoying these forums.... do appreciate everyone's advise/tips.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Sidius View Post
    The tank he was in at petco (only store around me that carried them besides Petsmart) was very small, dry and had a very tiny water dish which he probably couldn't fit in and less than an inch of substrate. They said they got him when he was a baby so I don't think they ever added a bigger dish or more substrate the larger he got. I had tossed around the idea of putting a tank divider in it and getting something for the other half, but after viewing him at night, I'm not going too... he likes the room. Was going to take a photo of him last night in his water dish but didn't want to stress him or anything with the camera flash being it was dark. Will probably be adding another small heating pad to the left side of the tank (not under) since I can't seem to get the temp over 72-75F and I would like a few degrees higher. The pad under the tank now is for a 30-40gallon tank and only covers the right side of the tank, figured if it gets to warm he can move to the other side which doesn't have a pad under it, and he never sits directly over it anyways. I am really enjoying keeping him though, and enjoying these forums.... do appreciate everyone's advise/tips.
    Now I'm. Not try to put a damper on you caring skills, but you shouldn't place the heating pad on the bottom of the tank even if your frog doesn't burrow over it. Its not worth the risk and there is always a chance that your Pac will decide to do this sometime. Its always advised to place the UTH on the side of the tank. Your frog may burrow over the UTH to cool off estivate and not understand that it can't cool off and over heat. Also your frog could burn itself on the glass. Its always a possibility when you place the UTH on the bottom. You would be doing your frog and yourself a favor by plcing them on the side rather than the bottom.

Sidius

You do make a good point, think I will take your advise and move the larger pad to the back wall of the tank today. Might even increase the temp a bit being the heat isn't being held back by the substrate. I've just been told removing them due to the adhesive can damage the heating pad.

Nationality
    [United States]

You do make a good point, think I will take your advise and move the larger pad to the back wall of the tank today. Might even increase the temp a bit being the heat isn't being held back by the substrate. I've just been told removing them due to the adhesive can damage the heating pad.
    It can be dangerous removing the UTH. Most of the time it is advised not to reuse them if you remove them. You have to be really careful not to bend the UTH because they have extremely tiny wires and coils within and these components are very fragile. If any of them break it can severely affect the output of the pad resulting in extreme over heating the inside of the enclosure and also risk of fire. Be extremely careful removing the pad without bending it.

Sidius

Well I couldn't get the uth off the bottom without force so I left it and put a larger one on the back of the tank and right side. Left side of the tank still stays around 70-74F but the right side now stays around 78-85 give or take a couple degrees. So he has a side to cool off if need be. His appetite has increased a little too, few nights ago he'd eat maybe a couple crickets and/or a superworm or two. Tonight he downed a molly, 4 large crickets and 2 superworms, after the last worm he buried himself into the substrate a little deeper so, took the hint he was full. Appreciate all the help!

Nationality
    [United States]

Well I couldn't get the uth off the bottom without force so I left it and put a larger one on the back of the tank and right side. Left side of the tank still stays around 70-74F but the right side now stays around 78-85 give or take a couple degrees. So he has a side to cool off if need be. His appetite has increased a little too, few nights ago he'd eat maybe a couple crickets and/or a superworm or two. Tonight he downed a molly, 4 large crickets and 2 superworms, after the last worm he buried himself into the substrate a little deeper so, took the hint he was full. Appreciate all the help!
    Be careful feeding a lot of superworms. They are basically giant meal worms and are not easy for your frog to digest because of their exoskeleton. This can cause them to become impacted which you definetly don't want. They should be given sparsely as a treat.

Thread Information