Thread: How Much to feed Amazon Milk Frog Froglet?

JennTigercat

Default How Much to feed Amazon Milk Frog Froglet?

I have looked and read a bunch of things and can't seem to find this answer anywhere. How many pinheads can a froglet eat in one sitting? I can't imagine it being a lot as their stomachs have to be pretty small. I just want to make sure I don't feed him to much in a sitting.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

bshmerlie

Default Re: How Much to feed Amazon Milk Frog Froglet?

When it comes to froglets feed them as much as they'll eat. You don't want a ton of crickets roaming the cage and stressing the frog but if you've got them eating out of a cricket bowl give them a good amount. If they eat them all add a little more. As they get older than you can start to adjust their intake based on how they look. But with growing froglets its important to be well fed.

JennTigercat

Ok that is kind of what I thought. He really won't eat from a bowl yet. He did eat when I put him into a separate container, but I don't like taking him out much cause I know that stresses him out as well. Will try putting the crickets in with him tonight and see how he does.

bshmerlie

Yeah definately don't take him out to feed him. Keep the tank real simple. I just use a ten gallon with a moist paper towel on the ground. I keep one good size pothos in the pot. I put about 20-30 pinheads in at night. Many of the pinheads will drown in water droplets so the towel can't be drenched. I raise up the water bowl so the crickets can't climb in. Against the white paper towel its very easy for the frog to see the crickets. In the morning the frog will be sleeping on the plant....lift it out....clean up the paper towel and any remaining crickets and put down a new paper towel. Clean out his water dish. Next night add new crickets. Repeat that routine for 30-60 days until they get out of that delicate stage. I also cover up three sides of the tank with black construction paper.

6. This member thanks bshmerlie for this post:

JennTigercat

Thanks this is actually really helpful. I have already covered three sides of his tank so that he feels more secure.

Thread Information