Thread: Meeting folks at NARBC in Chicago

bshmerlie

Default Meeting folks at NARBC in Chicago

While in Chicago my daughter Lacey and I attended NARBC and had a chance to meet up with some fellow members. MikeM670 brought his wife and daughter and we walked the show together. We saw Michael Novey where Mike purchased some Leucs. I love the way Novey displays his frogs. They are in rows of plastic display cases so you can get a great look at them without peeking into deli cups. Then we met up with Josh from Joshes Frogs where I picked up some leaf litter. Then I cruised over and met up with Jeff Kennedy from Phat Phibs. Tried to talk him into coming out to our California show in Pomona. People are always talking about the lack of availability of the large mouth frogs it would be good to have someone out here to fill that need. I picked up just a few frogs myself from some guys on DB.

It was really nice to finally put some faces with the names. My only regret was that I didn't get to stay longer. I had to do a power run through the show so that I wouldn't risk missing my plane. As it was we barely made it in time with seconds to spare as we rushed through the security check points with a bunch of frogs. It was a very long day but all frogs made it safely home and in their new tanks. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Meeting folks at NARBC in Chicago

NARBC was the very first show that I have attended. All I can say is SNAKES! Why does it have to be so many SNAKES! All kidding aside the show was very interesting. As Cheri said we walked around together and visited all the frog vendors! We first went to the Josh Frogs Booth! It was very large and well stocked with all sorts of supplies and a great range of frogs. It was great to speak with Josh and after words I thought now I know where all that great service comes from! Josh was kind enough to point us in the right direction to find other vendors and off we went.

I spent considerable time talking at the Ranitomeya.com booth where purchased some bean beetles. They had some great looking darts! Finally we went to Michael Novy's booth where I picked up three Leucs.

It was very hardb to not spend more but I had set a limit before going. Maybe next time!
    1.2.0 Dendrobates tinctorius 'Azureus'
    1.1.0 Dendrobates Lamasi 'Orange'
    1.1.0 Dendrobates Ventrimaculatus 'Understory Line'
    0.3.0 Dendrobates leucomelas

--------------------------------------------------
    As always your mileage may vary!
    I may or may not know what I'm talking about!

Jeff Kennedy

Just stumbled upon this. It was great to meet you Cheri and put a face to the name!! Wish that we could have chatted longer. We got slammed and I had hoped you would come back by but then I just read that your time there was limited. We definitely appreciate your generous offer of a place to drop ship our animals and show supplies. We are going to check into this and if at all possible, we will plan on doing it and attending the Super Show in January!! Tell me, how far are you from the convention center, how far is the convention center from the airport and which airport should we fly into, LAX???

Sublime

JelasPhatPhibs coming to LA, whaaa?!? That would be awesome man, if you guys do make it down I look forward to meeting you and seeing your selection. If you flew into LAX, it would be about a 45 min drive to get to the Pomona Fairplex in LA. Try to avoid LAX at all costs though... See if you could fly into John Wayne or Long Beach, much less hassle and stress upon you guys. LAX is a nightmare.

Jeff Kennedy

Thanks for the heads up Mark!! This will be new territory for us so every little tidbit helps!!! So are those other airports closer to the convention center or is there really no way around a long cab ride after we get off of our plane??

Sublime

Assuming you don't hit traffic...

Long Beach Airport, Long Beach, CA: 36.2 mi, 46 mins

Route: I-605 N and I-10 E

John Wayne Airport, Santa Ana, CA: 34.4 mi, 41 mins

Route: CA-57 N

LAX, Los Angeles, CA: 45.5 mi, 51 mins

Route: I-105 E, I-605 N and I-10 E

Unfortunately, yeah they will all relatively be a long drive. These are the closest airports to the convention. Just see if you can get into John Wayne or Long Beach from Indiana and you guys will be money. No problem, by the way...

Nationality
    [United States]

It was great to meet everyone. My only regret was I was starting to come down with a cold and didn't get to chat all that much. Or at least as much as I usually do. lol.. Thanks again Michael and let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.
    Michael Novy
    rainforestjunkys.com

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Michael,

The leucs are doing just great. Very bold and are always out! I would of loved to have spent more time talking with you but your booth was very busy!!
    1.2.0 Dendrobates tinctorius 'Azureus'
    1.1.0 Dendrobates Lamasi 'Orange'
    1.1.0 Dendrobates Ventrimaculatus 'Understory Line'
    0.3.0 Dendrobates leucomelas

--------------------------------------------------
    As always your mileage may vary!
    I may or may not know what I'm talking about!

Nationality
    [United States]

Good to hear and no worries. If you need more info give me a shout.
    Michael Novy
    rainforestjunkys.com

Thread Information