Thread: Tomato Worm Care/Feeding

dsmalex97

Default Tomato Worm Care/Feeding

I bought some of these guys at the hudson valley expo hoping to get my pyxie to eat, but she hasn't...Now I have all these worms I need to take care of. How do I feed them? The food they gave me is just about gone, and they seem to be going crazy. Whats the best way to care for these guys?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Tomato Worm Care/Feeding

They're a pest species of moth on vegetables. Even if you get them suitable food, they will turn into pupae in a short time.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

dsmalex97

I know, but I was just wondering how to keep them safe to eat for my frogs. I heard that if these guys eat certain foods it can be poisonous to the frog. Right now they're eating Romaine Lettuce, but if you know of anything else I can feed them please let me know.

mdtalley22

I know for sure it is the tomato plant and anything in the tobacco family, but other than that I am not sure whatever other plans will make them poisonous.

Sublime

Here: http://www.hermitlovers.com/HornWorms_care_sheet_PDF.pdf

Only care sheet I could find you on hornworms/tomato worms. The guide mentions that if you keep them at a cooler temperature, you can increase the shell life of them before they pupate. 55-65F. The care sheet also mentions Manduca diet you can feed them which is safe for your herps that can be made at home or purchased in pet stores.

Thread Information