Thread: Questions about ADF

Pekams

Default Questions about ADF

I would like to keep two ADFs. and I still have questions:
    Can ADF eat marine minced fish or shrimp meat? I know that frogs' skin cannot be touched with anything saliferous.
    How often should I feed them?
    Is it necessary to begin to feed them two or three days after arriving home?
    What is the mininum temperature that ADF can bear?
    Thank you!
    Look forward your reply!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Questions about ADF

They could eat it but I wouldn't use it as a staple. You should be able to feed them within a day of them getting home.

Temperature-wise, I would go for something around 20 degrees C (68 F).
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

4. This member thanks John for this post:

artgirl77

hi...i have three now and have had many ADF'S so havnt ever fed them shrimp or marine mince...i have given them blood worms and tadpole bites on occasion that i was out of worms....i raised tads to froglets on brine shrimp...i used coffe filters to pour clean water through as to not add salt to my tanks...and they are fine...im feeding two froglets every other day half a cube of worms.

i keep one of the tanks at room temp with no heater away from any windows and the other closer to 67 ish with a small heater....this is what is working for me.

6. This member thanks artgirl77 for this post:

Pekams

Thank you! How often should I feed them? and how much every time?

artgirl77

i personally feed them every other day, take in account the size of their little stomachs and its as much as they will hunt and eat in 5 mintues or so....usally the two are good with half a cube of frozen blood worms, or 15 or so HBH pellets...i havnt given them much else and they have been with me for a few years now....i look for not eaten food when it looks like they are full and in zen pose.... hope this helps......there are some great care sheets about them kicking around this forum and other places....

9. This member thanks artgirl77 for this post:

Pekams

Thank you! I live in Amsterdam, NL now, ADFs are very common in local pet stores; however, in my homeland China, it is almost impossible to find ADFs in aquarium stores. But in China, albino african clawed frogs can be easily seen in many pet stores, and are often regarded as food for large tropical fishes. Tommorrow I will buy two lovely ADFs after class, and I have get ready the tank, chlorine-free water and waterplants. Also, I bought a bottle of Tetra Repto commercial frog food. BTW: Is Tetra Repto good gor ADFs?

artgirl77

i have never used this food =....i literally have a jar of food that says tadpole and frog bites the company that makes them id HBH i buy them for 3 dollars or so. at petsmart because its not too many other places...but i do try to stay away from big box stores.....most dont have people who even have frogs as pets working there

try to add something like a cave for them to sleep in. i added a old bell looking thing my mom had lying around from her old tanks and they are in there most of the time i cant find them...i also added duck weed to the surface because sometimes they just like to float...i wish you all the best a please post photos when they are all settled in....

oh and i have seen others post not to put octos with you frogs they will nip at them and the spines on the backfin of the fish get stuck in adf's mouths...i have had two with mine for years...and no problems...about 4 months ago i lost one frog and one algee eater..(octo) they stay small...which is good...just a bit more of info...plus if frogs a somewhat well fed they just chase each other and sit in zen...... cheers

Thread Information