Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the daily routine for your pacman?

Ebenezer Frothingham

Default What is the daily routine for your pacman?

Is your pacman a creature of habit? Mine is indeed a night owl. By day he's buried in the coconut fibre substrait, sometimes totally, but usually so one eye is visible. At night within minutes of my turning off the light, my frog reveals himself. I'll feed him/her then, and my frog has a good appetite. Then he/she will climb into the waterdish, usually to poop. Then my frog will climb on the glass wall of the tank for a bit, then stand in a corner for a time. Eventually Ill find my frog sitting in the middle of the tank. Once I turn the lights back on in the morning- he will slowly start to burrow- by the time I leave for work, he's totally burrowed again

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

BG

Default Re: What is the daily routine for your pacman?

Eat,poop,move 5 inches ,eat,sleep under cocofiber,get up,eat,eat,poop move sleep,get up and look for food.eat,poop,move and sleep. That's what they do. I love them.

IvoryReptiles

LOL.....now try that on a scale times 100+..........I love 'em, but the nightly cleaning is a killer!

BG

Quote Originally Posted by IvoryReptiles View Post
    LOL.....now try that on a scale times 100+..........I love 'em, but the nightly cleaning is a killer!
    How long does it take you to clean,feed them

IvoryReptiles

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    How long does it take you to clean,feed them
    We start with the adult breeders = 45 minutes to an hour
    Froglets = 2 hours
    Tadpoles = 1 to 2 hours depending on how many need to be pulled & added to the froglet containers.

So approximately 5 hours in all for cleaning & feeding.....this is done every other night. We offer food every night and when it's just feeding night it can take up to 3 hours because some of them are super messy teens and have to be cleaned nightly.

That's just the Pacman Frogs....we also have Budgett's, Dumpy's & quite a few snakes, a Snapping Turtle named "Dontbiteme", Sugar Gliders & squirrels!!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Wow! That's a busy schedule.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Nationality
    [United States]

We start with the adult breeders = 45 minutes to an hour
    Froglets = 2 hours
    Tadpoles = 1 to 2 hours depending on how many need to be pulled & added to the froglet containers.

So approximately 5 hours in all for cleaning & feeding.....this is done every other night. We offer food every night and when it's just feeding night it can take up to 3 hours because some of them are super messy teens and have to be cleaned nightly.

That's just the Pacman Frogs....we also have Budgett's, Dumpy's & quite a few snakes, a Snapping Turtle named "Dontbiteme", Sugar Gliders & squirrels!!
    That's insane. What a lot of work. I bet its well worth it. Do all your frogs have unique personalities?

IvoryReptiles

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    That's insane. What a lot of work. I bet its well worth it. Do all your frogs have unique personalities?
    Absolutely worth it and yes, they do ALL have individual personalities! Some are actually sweet and seem to want attention.

Nationality
    [United States]

Absolutely worth it and yes, they do ALL have individual personalities! Some are actually sweet and seem to want attention.
    That's how Grif is. He will sit completely still and let me rub the sides of his tubby belly gently. He seems to like it. When we talk to him he makes this popping sound with his throat. Have you noticed any kind of sound like this? Its like he's talking to us.

Ebenezer Frothingham

when my pacman is buried in substrait- should i leave him be, or dig him up if I have fresh bugs for him/her to eat?

Malachi

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezer Frothingham View Post
    when my pacman is buried in substrait- should i leave him be, or dig him up if I have fresh bugs for him/her to eat?

I have a male ornate that I dig up and he attacks the food right away. I also have a male cranwelii that if I dig up to feed will not eat and act scared. I believe each frog may react differently.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezer Frothingham View Post
    You shouldn't. Dig up your Pac to feed him/her. They'll usually get up on their own especially if they notice there is food in their enclosure to eat. You also don't want to dig up your pac if him/her gets stressed easily. Also when you feed your Pac it should be at night since they're nocturnal also you shouldn't have really bright lights on when feeding your frog. Some of them get stressed by the bright lights when its supposed to be night.

Malachi

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    You shouldn't. Dig up your Pac to feed him/her. They'll usually get up on their own especially if they notice there is food in their enclosure to eat. You also don't want to dig up your pac if him/her gets stressed easily. Also when you feed your Pac it should be at night since they're nocturnal also you shouldn't have really bright lights on when feeding your frog. Some of them get stressed by the bright lights when its supposed to be night.
    Yes, you should not have to dig them up since they will come up when hungry, but sometimes its not ideal to wait or feed in cage. Some people i have noticed feed theirs in separate containers perhaps they get used to this? Also sometimes they are half buried and will miss the food item and get a bunch of dirt so I kind of clear away the substrate/kind of dig them up.

But as I said I have one frog that i can not dig up, he only eats at night and only if he comes out himself.

IvoryReptiles

Some of our frogs will vocalize to us.....especially at feeding time.
    I swear I think they are singing "Mom & Dad are great, bring us wormses to eat!!"
    Most of our froglets & frogs for sale are on a paper towel substrate (moist!!) so no issues with digging there.
    Our breeders are on coco fiber and as soon as they see the tongs in either of our hands, they will surface real quick if they are buried down!

We do not keep our frogs in large enclosures because through trial & error, we found that if they had too much room they tend to lose the prey and it burrows in or if crickets, they could cause the frogs harm. Crickets are vicious and WILL bite any animal given the chance! We remove any left once the frog is done eating.

BG

I don't bother the pacs .If they are out ,they eat. That's the last time i'm going to bother the pixies. I under estimated them.lol Theres a reason they are under. They come up in the dark hours. Sleep all day , and party all night.

Nationality
    [United States]

Some of our frogs will vocalize to us.....especially at feeding time.
    I swear I think they are singing "Mom & Dad are great, bring us wormses to eat!!"
    Most of our froglets & frogs for sale are on a paper towel substrate (moist!!) so no issues with digging there.
    Our breeders are on coco fiber and as soon as they see the tongs in either of our hands, they will surface real quick if they are buried down!

We do not keep our frogs in large enclosures because through trial & error, we found that if they had too much room they tend to lose the prey and it burrows in or if crickets, they could cause the frogs harm. Crickets are vicious and WILL bite any animal given the chance! We remove any left once the frog is done eating.
    When do the males start calling? Grif is probably 8 months old since he was the size of a half dollar when I purchased him. And I've had him for 7 months or a little over 7. He hasn't called but when I got him he made cheeping noises and now he just makes the popping noise when we talk to him. Id like to hear his call.

BG

Grif is 8 months old . Wow . Btw whats your new guys name?

Ebenezer Frothingham

My pacman doesn't make a sound. No ribbets, chirps or anything

IvoryReptiles

We've found the males tend to mature around 8 to 9 months old......but it also depends on the weather. Trust me, you will KNOW if you have a male once he starts calling.

Pacman Mating Calls - YouTube

This is Pudding putting the moves on Jello.....they are our main breeders and the parents of ALL the froglets we have produced so far.
    The call is VERY loud and reverberates throughout our house.........ALL night.........Especially during a rainy evening. The "Clicking" or "Popping" is usually a female trait. The females will make sounds, but nothing like the mating calls from the boys.

Nationality
    [United States]

Do you have any videos or takings of what the female noises could be?
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information