Thread: White lipped tree frog won't eat

sherbear23

Default White lipped tree frog won't eat

Hi. I have a white lipped tree frog. He was eating fine but now i noticed that he's not eating because the crickets are still in his terrarium when i wake up. If someone could help that would be great. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: White lipped tree frog won't eat

You haven't given us much to go on. Are you counting the crickets? Anyhow, I suggest you follow this link and use it to look through the many threads on this site about frogs not eating. See if anything helps. Here's the link:

frog not eating site:frogforum.net - Google Search
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

sherbear23

Hi. Sorry I should have gave more information. He's in a glass upright terrarium. There is plantation soil for a substrate and has fake plants and vines to climb on. The weather was warmer here about a week ago so i took is heat bulb out so he doesn't get too warm. I noticed the temp was a little lower now so i put it back in yesterday so now its about 80 F and is in the 70's at night because his lighting and heat bulb are on a timer. His humidity is between 60 and 70% usually. It gets misted with an automatic mister but i closed off the valve so it doesnt spray anymore because the plantation soil was getting too saturated with water. But the humididty is still between the 60 and 70%. There was whitish mold growing on parts of the soil but i have taken that out. Should I maybe replace all the soil? I've also noticed he doesn't go on the soil as much anymore.. He stays on the sides of the glass. Hope this helps! If you have anymore questions please ask. Thanks!

Kreamcheese

Quote Originally Posted by sherbear23 View Post
    Hi. Sorry I should have gave more information. He's in a glass upright terrarium. There is plantation soil for a substrate and has fake plants and vines to climb on. The weather was warmer here about a week ago so i took is heat bulb out so he doesn't get too warm. I noticed the temp was a little lower now so i put it back in yesterday so now its about 80 F and is in the 70's at night because his lighting and heat bulb are on a timer. His humidity is between 60 and 70% usually. It gets misted with an automatic mister but i closed off the valve so it doesnt spray anymore because the plantation soil was getting too saturated with water. But the humididty is still between the 60 and 70%. There was whitish mold growing on parts of the soil but i have taken that out. Should I maybe replace all the soil? I've also noticed he doesn't go on the soil as much anymore.. He stays on the sides of the glass. Hope this helps! If you have anymore questions please ask. Thanks!
    I would build a false bottom to drain any excess water so that you can continue to mist. This would also help prevent mold as the substrate wouldn't get saturated like you said.

sherbear23

I set the mister to spray only once a day now, so it's not super satuated now

Nationality
    [Sweden]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Unless white lips are drasticly different from other tree frogs, I would say it's probably a good thing that he's not walking around on the ground. Just make sure you have alot of climbing areas.

I've never really done any research about this particulas specie, but I have some knowledge about tree frogs in general.

sherbear23

Ok. Can u give me some helpful hints in general about tree frogs? Like stuff to always do or stuff never to do? Thanks!

Kreamcheese

Quote Originally Posted by sherbear23 View Post
    Ok. Can u give me some helpful hints in general about tree frogs? Like stuff to always do or stuff never to do? Thanks!
    Pics of your setup would be a start. Then we can go from there on what you should/shouldn't do.

Kurt

Has the frog been treated for gastrointestinal parasites? Being wild caught out of Irian Jaya, chances are it could be carrying some and that could cause it go off feed.

Thread Information